What are your hobbies or side skills?

• Calligraphy: artfully writing by hand is a rewarding hobby that keeps me off the web and all digital media for some time. Finding various materials, pens, inks and fonts shows the variety of this leisure activity.

• Historic places: exploring old town places, investigating the history of old buildings. Especially in Vienna, my hometown, this is an endless adventure. Have the idea of putting that in a blog for some time now but for some reason have not done that so far.

3 Likes

Iā€™m not a great Calligrapher, in particular, but I have enjoyed focusing on better penmanship and learning some creative fonts and writing styles. I love great pens, inks, and materials a bit too much. How hard is it to get into calligraphy for someone thatā€™s already spent some time working on other writing styles?

1 Like

I do have a lot of fondness for fountain pens, myself, but Iā€™m not much of one for calligraphy. I prefer my nail of a Lamy Safari, loaded with Aggie Maroon ink.

1 Like

Aggies! Aieeee!

Hook 'em Horns!

shrug Itā€™s fine. Someone needs to go to t.u. At least you donā€™t end up waking up in Lubbock every morning.

1 Like

I play fortnite with my colleagues out of office.

Ooooh me too! I have a red Lamy Safari with royal blue ink.

Yes! Mineā€™s the red one with a fine nib. Thatā€™s my workhorse.

I also have a Pilot Metro fine with Noodlerā€™s American Eel Black and a Nemosine Singularity in Blueberry loaded with Noodlerā€™s Baystate Blue. The latter requires careful handling, as it can be difficult to clean up, but itā€™s such a saturated blue that it makes blue-lined paper look grey.

I really have to keep myself from just buying more Safaris to bring in as my everyday carries.

1 Like

I like play the guitar, go to the mountain, doing some sports (speacilly Badminton) andā€¦ 3D (here you can see some of my work: www.mockup.es).

2 Likes

and here I am, I have just joined one startup more as a part-time job as Design lead :joy::joy::joy:

Rip my personal life xD

1 Like

Well, UX design for me is kind of a hobby turned into my dayjob, so I feel very happy that I love this field so much :smiley:

Besides UX, I produce and compose music (mainly electronic music). I am released on a couple of smaller independent labels in US, Russia, UK and a few other places. You can find me on e.g. Spotify, Beatport, Apple Music, etc.

I also like drawing, however Iā€™m only OK at it. The artwork posted in this thread looks amazing, great work. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

My hobbies is to produce hemp products. I really enjoying producing quality hemp products and sale online. People enjoy my hand made edible hemp products in parties. My favourite hemp products is better delights delta 8 gummies. You can also visit my online store. This is my hobby which i do in spare time