What are your hobbies or side skills?

Yes, but you have twins! Coordinating two nap schedules, two feeding schedules? Double the diapers?? You have some serious parenting skillz. :wink:

5 Likes

Theyā€™re 8 now so life is relatively easy. I forget how it was in the early days. I suspect thatā€™s for reasons of self-preservation.

4 Likes

Clarinet for 4 years followed by alto saxophone for 5 years with 3 of those 5 years being at university. Before I discovered industrial design, I was a music student with a dream to play in a large ensemble full time.

4 Likes

Same! I played for 12 years. I got to travel a fair bit with an orchestra, which was cool.

2 Likes

Hah! It has been a while since I have made any lampshadesā€¦ a while since I have embraced a hobby, hence the inadequate. Lamp photos to followā€¦

9 Likes

Thatā€™s gorgeous! Looks amazing with the colour change of the wall behind.

2 Likes

@HAWK - some more for you to see.

6 Likes

We just painted one wall dark blue (for the first time ever I successfully chose a paint colour with no help and less than 10 test pots). Thinking of doing the whole room to make a tv room cave. Itā€™s a dark room anywayā€¦ why not embrace itā€¦ she typed with no confidence or interior design skills. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

We renovated last year and I made a pact with myself to make every room a colour (no neutrals). I even went with some wallpapers. It was liberating. I highly recommend it. You can always repaint!

4 Likes

Iā€™m a homebrewer. With the club I formed, Iā€™ve made around 20 different 5 gallon batches. I lean towards highly experimental brews. My crowd favorites are my double chocolate raspberry stout (which actually is a dry stout with a slight raspberry finish), my sour brown (which is a sour twist on Dogfishheadā€™s Alphabet Brown), and Chandreshekarā€™s Stout, a Russian imperial whiskey barrel stout with 3 kinds of sugar, 2 kinds of yeast, and a handle of Makerā€™s Mark. Itā€™s so dark you canā€™t see a 500 watt flood lamp through it, and it comes in at 13% ABV.

Iā€™m fond of swimming and weight lifting.

Iā€™m also a colossal nerd. Iā€™m into gaming and book collecting. Iā€™ve helped out with our local convention here at school for nearly a decade (Itā€™s the current world record holder for longest running student convention). Iā€™m a big fan of thought-provoking SF and comics. Iā€™m a big fan of Jim Butcher, Brandon Sanderson, George R R Martin, and Scott Lynch. Comic-wise, I pull Rat Queens, Saga, Serenity, and Tank Girl. Gamewise, Iā€™m a Bioware devotee.

Side skills? I used to be a competitive debater and have kept a keen interest in politics and policy. Iā€™m also a trained systems engineer, so I have skills in lean production management and statistical quality control.

Iā€™m not much of a visual designer, however, as my world is mostly words and flow charts. Iā€™m getting better, though, as I realize Iā€™m going to have to interact more and more with people who are distinctly designers.

Fun bit of trivia? Iā€™ve won a UX competition judged by Don Norman.

6 Likes

Iā€™m not sure if I am more impressed by the beer flavours or the UX competition win. :slight_smile:

So is my bf and it drives me nuts. We always have hoses and kegs and other random stuff lying all around the house. That said, I do drink the beer. :wink:

3 Likes

Probably the beer. It takes a lot of tinkering to get right.

The UX competition was a first time event for students, so there were only four teams. I got matched up with some really brilliant colleagues, one who had just come off of a UX internship and another who does in-house product design for Target. I really learned a lot from them. Theyā€™ve really motivated me to up my visual communication skills.

2 Likes

Wowā€¦ just wow!

2 Likes

@Jellybean hat looks awesome! I really love the robot one :slight_smile:

1 Like

I make science and geek themed jewellery under my design label - Crankybot. I design and make everything in our home studio with our lasers, CNC machines and 3D printers :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Hobbies :slight_smile:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/prashantbhatnagar/5812591774/in/photolist-amQ7fC-bsEsCm-7xKRKX-aqtrDG-a1CqzF-9RD42y-7gDkqE-6xeARY-6P27mc-6LEaLB-am25iu-aBazFc-bmqmg6-auMRMv-8AaUzV-7n5eYG-6Gdujz-ao245E-akYnPL-6Wonbw-8weHea-6Aq5Zk-6NKRL1-9YcLWc-aorE2m-bkymry-ams7v6-a9CWnL-7qPuzb-ayyXr8-6P4No2-azmYe2-9Q6ceB-6E4VvU-7rNEuk-a8Refz-9Qtv2C-9RngDS-6AmJZw

:frowning: New users can post only one. Please feel free to browse: Search: prashant bhatnagar | Flickr

2 Likes

nice clicks!

1 Like

Haha, for a minute there I thought you built fountains!

@ruth ā€“ cool! I didnā€™t know that you did that.

1 Like

r e s p e c t

1 Like