Analysing Cardstorting Information

Hi all! I recently conducted some I have gathered the results of recent cardsorting results into separate spreadsheets for each participant. My challenge now is how do I put the spreadsheets together in one cohesive result? Would love your help!

Any tips here @Researchers ?

1 Like

Optimal workshop does a great job of analyzing card sorting info

Check out the demo for ideas on how to synthesize your findings Bananacom Demo Results - OPEN | Optimal Workshop

1 Like

Hi @ari_rahmati - this spreadsheet was given to me years ago by Donna Spencer. It’s awesome and the instructions are on each sheet. She used to make it freely available on her website so I’m sure she won’t object to me sharing it. It used to also be downloadable from within Optimal Workshop, I’m not sure if that’s still the case or not. Let me know if you can’t access it https://drive.google.com/open?id=1CwMVsL8owy_NDpgKDdvKM2FMksQ126oi
Cheers,
Libby

1 Like

Can I add my own spreadsheet info with card sort results into OptimalSort though? I thought you had to use their tool from the beginning.

Yeh my point was more to copy/borrow ideas from the analyses/tables/charts that optimal workshop output. Their standardization grids and dendograms are pretty useful, but I imagine would be a ball ache to compile manually.

If u need a template, the one posted above by Libby looks pretty comprehensive, especially also if it was available from the optimal workshop website before

1 Like

Thanks Libby! This spreadsheet looks so interesting, yet complicated! I can try to follow the instructions within it but doi you know if there was an article or guide that accompanied it?

Hi Ari,
Okay, I don’t know if I am understanding fully what your spreadsheet looks like, but having a background in data science, you might like the software program called Tableau. https://tabsoft.co/2MVkBHs
You can upload excel documents and it will visually show you your data. I’ve only taken a few classes in UX at Cal State Fullerton in Garden Grove. So, I might be off the mark. But I thought it would worth the share. Not sure how much collaborating data science has with UX.

2 Likes