What's your biggest challenge right now?

Being a professional brand designer while working for a brand design agency in Dubai, my biggest challenge is to provide quality and affordable service to my clients no matter they live in UAE or not and to build a long term trust relationship with them.

Unfortunately, I’m in the Boston area, not NYC. Thanks for the thought, @HAWK and @stevejoseph!

2 Likes

I’m in the Boston area too — if you’re interested your background might be a good fit for the Experience Researcher position Mad*Pow has open at the moment (Jobs | Mad*Pow).
They’ve listed it as entry level, so it might not be a perfect fit?

My experience with them is that they’re not always set in stone on these things. I worked for them 5 years back. They tend to focus a lot of UX, which is great — you more often see agencies trying to mash together visual design with UX.

2 Likes

Hi @Kris! Thank you! I hadn’t realized they had a position open - I enjoyed the hackathon I did there a few years ago, and they seem pretty awesome. I will definitely be applying!

2 Likes

Sadly, they were not interested in talking with me about the position.

I am, however, having a screening call this afternoon with BookBub about a research position. Wish me luck!

2 Likes

Ah bummer, good luck with BookBub!

How did you go?

I don’t know yet, @HAWK. They said I should hear back if I need to go in for an interview by the end of this week.

As a growing UX designer, My biggest challenge right now is - “To get into a proper UX focused organisation or Agency”. Because from the past four years of my experience in this industry I feel I have never been into the right path or may be into right organisation which mostly messed up all the categories- UX, UI, web-designing, graphic-logo-flyers designing etc…

Working on it! Hopefully end up where I want to be :slight_smile:

1 Like

@HAWK: Alas, they are not continuing with me. There are way too many UX people - and researchers - looking for jobs in the Boston area. So it’s hard to be competitive.

Sorry to hear it :frowning: