Twitter Friends

Reading the “UX Everyday” I noticed that a lot of the individuals who were interviewed would start their day connecting with other designers on Twitter. It seems like maybe Twitter is one of the good communities to get involved in? I’ve hardly used Twitter, but I’m certainly wanting to immerse myself with the UX community.

Does anyone want to be UX Design Twitter friends? @Crystal_Llinas

Hopefully this is okay to post/request.

4 Likes

Totally ok to request. FWIW I dip in and out of Twitter. It can get quite political and depressing! You should def follow us at @uxmastery though – we post a lot of carefully curated content.

4 Likes

Thank you! I’m now following and look forward to getting more immersed with the community!

1 Like

I’m also in and out, i use it to cross share interesting stuff I find follow me @arirahmati I will follow back! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Awesome! I’m now following you. Thanks for making connection. :slight_smile: I’ll be sharing resources and interesting findings as I learn. I hope that some of that becomes beneficial for you too in some way or another.

2 Likes

Just followed you!

@Hawk is correct - Twitter can get pretty political, but if you fill your Twitter feed with UXers it’s less likely to get annoying. Tweetdeck (http://tweetdeck.twitter.com) is a good way to combat this - you can create a column just for UX and filter out the noise.

Definitely follow @deprecated (who also drops by these forums on occasion), @UXMastery, @WhatUsersDo, and @SarahDoody.

1 Like

Thank you for connecting and recommending others to follow as well!

I’ll have to check out Tweetdeck! As a person that has hardly ever used Twitter until now, what I usually hear from it is usually politically or emotionally charged Tweets so it’s good to know there’s a way to filter out what I want to see better.

You guys are awesome!

2 Likes

bit late to the party but thought I’d join Twitter to build my UX network. Followed you all. Mine is Leo Cheung (@bUXddhUIsm) | Twitter, cheers

1 Like

I’m @ilovethehawk

wait, weird. @whatusersdo was suspended?

2 Likes

I’m all over the place with my twitter.

Summary
personalish - @yes_marcin
work related - @onewithux

They transitioned to @betterux_ a while back, after being bought out by User Zoom. My best guess is someone jumped in on their old username after they switched and got banned for impersonation.

1 Like