If you could do any job in the world what would it be?

If you could do any job in the world except UX what would you choose and why?

3 Likes

Iā€™d be a hairdresser/colourist. Iā€™m very good (in my hairdresserā€™s opinion) at colouring hair - in natural shades and unnatural shades. She says thereā€™s ā€˜a frustrated hairdresser living insideā€™ of me and I think she might be right. Itā€™s like colouring in but with chemicals and dyes and on a page that has 1000s of following pieces that can turn into anything.

I also think Iā€™d be pretty happy working at a cattery and playing with other peopleā€™s cats all day while theyā€™re on holidays.

Or a tattoo artist! Iā€™d love that :slight_smile:

3 Likes

a footballer! Or a theme park designer

4 Likes

They say dress for the job you want, not the job you have. Now Iā€™m sitting in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.

5 Likes

Making one off ceramic pieces
Or be an architect though it would have to be really cool buildings.
Or buy old interesting derelict buildings and bring them back to life.

4 Likes

Ha. I studied architecture and practiced for a couple of years. At university all our projects were really cool buildings. In the real world they were home renovations. I was so disillusioned that I quit.

And then I did this. We bought a turn of the century Bungalow and spent a year renovating it. We now live in it and I feel so fulfilled.

5 Likes

I wanted to be an architect when I was younger. Create unique homes or buildings.

3 Likes

wow, i studied architecture for a couple years too, as i always wanted to be one. Seems to be a theme here. Amongst other things, I was discouraged when the tutor said most grads end up designing car parking spaces or extensions!

6 Likes

I ended up designing extensions and workstation layouts in banks.

3 Likes

Novelist.

2 Likes

Iā€™d be an air traffic controller again. I loved that job.

2 Likes

UX designer for video games companies.

2 Likes

If you could do any job in the world except UX :wink:

3 Likes

A barista. Bringing heaven to people through coffee.

4 Likes
  • Concept artist or storyboard artist for YouTubers / video games/ tv shows / movies
  • Video game designer & writer (Iā€™ve been bugging the hubs to write an RPG with me for years)
  • Life coach - Help others ā€œdesignā€ their lives. Iā€™m a big fan of the ā€œDesign Your Lifeā€ book.
2 Likes

Good Question, I want to join Indian Civil Services as District Magistrate. Reasons??

well first is that its very hard to qaulify it
second, u face real time challenges in real world and from real peoples
third, it is esteemed service

well, i am also enjoying my work as a market analyst in TechSci Research LLC

Astronaut or professional F1 race car driver.

1 Like

Become a footballer :stuck_out_tongue:

Either a firefighter if I could maintain the physical requirements :slight_smile:
Or a teacher/instructor in Design

1 Like