I need a new (fiction) book

I’ve just about finished the book that I’m reading and I need a new recommendation. Who has read something excellent lately?

For context, I think my fav book ever is A Little Life. Also love The Time Traveller’s Wife, My Sister’s Keeper and pretty much anything ever written by Ken Follett.

Some of my favorites: Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins, Anything by David Sedaris or Milan Kundera but I really liked Immortality. Of course you could always go to GoodReads.com and let their algorithm suggest something too.

The books I always recommend to people, if they haven’t read them yet:

• Ready Player One (Ernest Cline)
  • Ender’s Game (Orson Scott Card)
  • The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy (Douglas Adams)
  • The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes (Sir Arthur Conan Doyle)
  • The Zombie Survival Guide (Max Brooks)
  • A Confederacy of Dunces (John Kennedy O’Toole)
  • Me Talk Pretty One Day (David Sedaris)

I just finished Ender’s Game(again)! I’m starting Ender’s Shadow (again).

Are you on goodreads? I have a whole bunch of 5 stars books there… The Dog Stars, Cutting for Stone, The Sisters Brothers, The Good Thief, City of Thieves… and many more…

Hitchhiker’s guide! I read them ALL!!! best books ever! listened to a lot of them on audiobooks and they are great!

They were the first novel-length books I read! I didn’t get all of the humor then, but I still go back and re-read them every now and then. Totally worth a read :slight_smile:

I love this book! Great suggestion and anything by Milan Kundera.

Perhaps this is a cliche, but have you read any of the William Gibson novels?!
I am a huge fan of ‘sprawl trilogy’: ‘Neuromancer’, ‘Count Zero’ & ‘Mona-Lisa Overdrive’

I am currently working though the ‘Chung Kuo’ series by David Wingrove which I can also highly recommend if you like your distopic sci-fi??

Hi @HAWK

Last really good book I read was Birds Without Wings
by Louis de Bernières

Paddy

Thanks all. There are heaps here! Much appreciated.

if you like sci-fi, I recommend you Seveneves, from Neal Stephenson
I am finishing it by these days

Here is a review fron Bill Gates https://www.gatesnotes.com/Books/Seveneves
which was one of the reasons bought this book

Hope you can enjoy it
regards
Victor