I think this is one of the most discussed topic within the Product Owner, Designers and E-Commerce expert communities.
I am sure that by checking websites like this (https://baymard.com/) you will enhance your process.
Anyway, I tried to go through your process and these are my feedback:
- the checkout page provides 3 steps before starting the payment task
- *select the payment method
- *provide the email you want to use for receiving the link
- *click on the CTA of the selected method
I would reduce the steps to 2 by
- providing one of the two options selected by default
- the CTA already visible but not clickable
- as a user if that’s the method I want to go for I need to provide only my email and click on the CTA.
In the worst case, I will opt for the other option and I will perform one more click compared to the “happy path”.
Of course, I would define the pre-selected option based on the most used payment method
I hope it will help!
Let us know how you will design that page