E-Commerce Development

Hi all, not so long i want to start a E-Commerce project and want to know how, on what platform better do it. I read a lot of information about it was the best what i found.

4 Likes

In terms of user experience, I would say that Woocommerce and Shopify have good design patterns

Platform selection depends on your business and development needs:

• if you want to run a simple e-commerce store with less than 5000 or 1000 SKUs, you can use Shopify or WooCommerce.

• If you plan to have a huge unique store or marketplace, I advise using Magento.

• if you don’t want to take care of hosting, think of Shopify.

1 Like

A lot of people have this confusion while they want to build their eCommerce store.

Yes, there are many platforms for eCommerce site development but I feel wooCommerce the best platform to build an eCommerce website.

And also you can Hire eCommerce Web Developers (WDP Technologies) for development. There are many IT companies that provide offshore development services.

In my opinion, the most cost-effective and robust e-commerce platform is Woocommerce. Here’s why

• Easy to customize, you can change as much as you want.

• Development and maintenance costs are comparatively lower than Magento & Shopify.

• Thousands of plugins and themes are available.

• Community support is greater, so you won’t get stuck at any time.

• 100+ integrations with other systems are available.

• More SEO friendly.

I have my own shop on the Magento platform, and I’m very glad I chose this one.

I would suggest doing A LOT of research before choosing a platform.
I have used Easy Digital Downloads for WordPress for a number of years - it has its pros and cons.

I looked at WooCommerce a few years ago, but found enough forum talk about support going downhill, that I didn’t want to take it further.

WordPress is always subject to what you might call “plugin hell”: Especially if you’re not a developer, its easy to just install another plugin whenever you need something. My site had about about 30 plugins, and they didn’t always play nice together.

Also, WP was not designed as an e-commerce platform. It might be worth your money to pay for a dedicated platform, like Shopify or something similar. Depends on what your digital skills are, and what you are willing to do yourself.

cgarrison812, Hope you have already started your E-Commerce project, However, if you are using woocommerce then these are few essential woocommerce plugins which you can use.

I think woocommerce will be a good platform because of it’s flexibility, professional look and it is secure.

1 Like

Yeah, for a start this is the most simple way to start ecommerce

1 Like

Techavia IT Solutions

E-Commerce Development

With a decade of experience in eCommerce development, we specialize in crafting robust e-commerce websites with superb UI & UX, payment gateway integration, and management. Techavia specializes in custom eCommerce software development. We ensure that your customers receive a pleasant shopping experience.

Most people’s recommend woocommerce. But first, the question of what size the online store will be should be asked. Woocommerce will not always be the best.

How ?
can u share any other way/method.
please

It is best for an ecoomerce project to run the Magento platform

For grow ecommerce business, you should choose wooCommerce and shopify.

Good Bro. I going to make ans like this.

I also need ecommerce site for business of custom award coins

Zielcommerce is the best ecommerce platform that supports any type and size of business models

1 Like

It’s really important to make an online presence of a business nowadays, there is a number of sources through which we can make it possible as we have made our own custom packaging

1 Like

Relatively old thread, but I think the question remains relevant though!

I think Shopify is the best one out there atm IMO. Lots of plugins, user-friendly, and if you really suck at any form of web-formatting and development–hiring Shopify devs are relatively cheap. In terms of customizability for designs though, Shopify can be hit-or-miss.

It also largely depends on the products you’re trying to sell on your e-commerce platform. There’s this “dropshipping stigma” with Shopify that kinda makes your plug-and-launch website templates look like a stereotypical low-qual dropshipping store but honestly, with the right design mindset, it’s easily remediable.

Another great e-commerce platform is Prestashop–although I’ve had a bad experience with their customer support, the product (software) itself is reliable and not too expensive!