A new community manager (and changes to logins) for these community forums

From September 9, 2019, you will see a change in the way you log in to the UX Mastery Community Forums. As advocates for good UX we eat our own dog food, so we’ve looked for ways to make your forum experiences more straightforward and to ensure you’ve got access to the most useful features.

• You’ll see a new login screen integrated into the forum website itself. Logins will now be handled natively by the Discourse forum software.
  • You’ll have much better control over setting a custom username, avatar and title, and managing all of your forum account details.
  • You’ll also be able to use two-factor authentication for a more secure account, or even login using popular social accounts like Google, Twitter and Facebook.

Note: As part of these upgrades, you’ll need to reset your password.

We know this isn’t ideal, and we’re very grateful for your understanding as we securely and efficiently transition to the new login system.

To get things going, simply reset your password now.

I also love hearing from you all and helping you with any issues you have. Please post a reply if you want to ask a question or simply say hi. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hey everyone! I have more change coming your way.

After 6 magic years at the helm of this amazing community, I’m stepping down as Community Manager.

My work at UX Mastery has always been a part time thing (and very much a labour of love) and these days my full time job is taking up all of my time and energy. Rather than clinging on and doing a half-hearted job I’m handing the reigns back to @Lukcha – you’re in good hands.

I’ll miss your cheerful posts and helpful advice. Watching this community grow over the years has filled me with pride. You’re a special bunch.

Take care out there. I’ll see you round the internets.

3 Likes

@HAWK was the first person Matt and I added to our team, way back in November 2013. Community is a major part of UX Mastery’s vision, and so we leapt at the opportunity to have a friend like Hawk help us make it blossom.

We’ve covered a lot of ground since then, establishing these forums, delivering fifty-five Ask The UXperts Q&A sessions, building a strong and vibrant community of people learning and sharing their UX lives across the main website, Slack, social media and elsewhere, and creating content focussed squarely on the needs and interests of our community. Hawk has been the powerhouse for most of this, and we’re incredibly grateful for the DNA she’s built into this place. She leaves a massive legacy (including in stuff we haven’t even yet released - keep your eyes peeled later this year :wink: !) for all our members, readers and visitors.

And not least for me. I’m personally so grateful for Hawk’s work and friendship as part of daily life in our UX Mastery travels together. I’m proud to have shared a professional road with such a capable person, and pleased she’s in a good place to grab the future with both hands. The friendship remains as strong as ever, but it’s actually exciting to watch what she’s up to next.

So, Hawk, a deep and humble thank you for everything. Cheers to you! :champagne::fireworks::wine_glass::sunglasses:

2 Likes

And you, my friend. Thanks for your words.

2 Likes