My 2 cents: As long as you’re bringing value, as long as you’re continuing to learn new stuff, and as long as you stick with it, you can definitely expect to earn more than what is reported in these articles.
A number of variables come into play:
- How strategically you approach your career
- Your skills
- The perceived value you bring
- Your experience (both breadth, and depth)
- Your personal brand
- Your location
- The people you know, and the connections you make
- Are you a practitioner, or a manager, or both?