Windows alternative to Sketch?

Windows users, what is a good alternative to Sketch?
I have a Twitter follower asking. He doesn’t have the specs to run Windows on his Mac.

1 Like

Illustrator and Photoshop comes to mind Sarah

Also UXPin seems to be both a wireframing tool AND the prototyping side but I’ve heard very mixed reports on its usabillity and stability and so opted to stay away from it

Maybe Axure or Azure (I always get the spelling wrong)?

2 Likes

In my experience with Windows I was happy with this setup:

• lo-fi wireframes: balsamiq
  • hi-fi wireframes: illustrator and fireworks (unfortunately it’s not available anymore)
  • lo-fi mockups: Snagit
  • hi-fi mockups: illustrator
  • prototypes: Axure and code (dreamweaver is a good option here)

within the new Adobe Suite there are some nice features to build up collections and deliverables for style guides.
I never used PS for designing web apps, I can’t see any advantage using a raster tool for web and native.

2 Likes

Axure works well for wireframing… We also used adobe xd to preview designs on devices (similar to sketch sync to marvel) and i believe you can now make full art board in Adobe cc now

Adobe XD

2 Likes

Sorry there isn’t an alternative to Sketch, not as far as I’m concerned.
XD is the closest, but that’s still beta. I really like it so far though.
Fireworks maybe but it lacks the simplicity of Sketch.
I’ve been looking for a Windows alternative too, but no luck so far.

1 Like

The is Sketch for Windows called Lunacy - works with all versions of sketch files. But it is still a beta.
Lunacy is free, so you can give it a try.

1 Like

XD was in beta but not anymore.

Adobe XD for windows users easily, also figma is good but still prefer XD.

1 Like

Wow! thanks. I didn’t know it… I’ll give it a chance

Adobe XD. Great tool. Free download and some good libraries.

Figma :slight_smile:

1 Like

Figma +1

Good old fireworks. Those were the days :smile:

I like Axure and Adobe XD.
I’m surprised no one has mentioned adobe Muse. I don’t use it anymore but it is a great tool to build websites without coding (the code it does generate is pretty awful, but shouldn’t matter if it’s a prototype your building)

I like using Figma. It’s super easy to transition to once you know sketch and since it’s cloud/internet based, you can work from any computer regardless of what it runs.