Where to start with Online Book

I would. I prefer the experience for a number of reasons – convenience of transportation, quick links to other sections etc

Right, but as someone that has never read on a Kindle, you’re making huge assumptions here…

So what is the average size of an eReader these days?

The ones I have seen are tiny at maybe 5" X 7" or 6" X 9".

I would think it would be painful tryng to see screenshots and all of the back-and-forth scrolling you’d have to do between instructions and screenshots, since it wouldn’t all fit onto the screen at once.

Do eReaders behave like a smart phone where if you rotate them 90 degrees they switch from portrait to landcape mode?

Also not forgetting no matter how good the eReader apps have got they dont hold a flame to kindle.

Reading a 1000 page IT text book on the internet, never going to happen.

Research your target market.

Again, you’re making assumptions. It is CRUCIAL that you don’t do that.

This.

It would help when I ask a specific question(s) if people could answer that first.

The conversation keep sveering, and that isn’t helping me learn.

Thanks.

That’s what we’re trying to do . :slight_smile:

Please remember that no on has to give up their time to help though.

Please help me get a grasp about modern eReaders…

Better, hep me understand what the average person who owns an eReader is likely to have as far as specs go.

I asked earlier…

1.) So what is the average size of an eReader these days?

The ones I have seen are tiny at maybe 5" X 7" or 6" X 9".

I would think it would be painful tryng to see screenshots and all of the back-and-forth scrolling you’d have to do between instructions and screenshots, since it wouldn’t all fit onto the screen at once.

2.) Do eReaders behave like a smart phone where if you rotate them 90 degrees they switch from portrait to landcape mode?
[/quote]

Also…

3.) Are most eReaders B&W or color?

4.) How does the resolution compare to a laptop?

To a MacBook Retina?

Thanks.

So I’d recommend:

1. Doing some research online into what eReaders are available
  2. Researching your potential audience to find out what they use

We can answer these granular questions but they will introduce bias and that’s very much what you should be trying to avoid as you work through a UX research project.

Honestly I think you have come a long way in accepting something you didn’t want to, and that a book online is a bad idea. So grats to you on that.

Those questions for me are not ones I can answer as I have personal opinions which might be wrong for you. I think simply doing what I last wrote, which is research your target market and what they use, will give you the answers you desire, there is no short cut sorry.