What's your favorite design tool?

There are lots of design tools on the market. Can you introduce your favorite design tools to us? What makes it so important for you?

15 Likes

Sketch is my drug :). I worked on Photoshop before, probably 10 years and more. It is an amazing software, but it is not the best tool for design and also, it demands a huge amount of RAM (in my case 8GB is not enough).

12 Likes

Adobe CC. Always has been.

9 Likes

Adobe XD is my go-to tool for mock-ups and wireframing.

7 Likes

I use Figma & WebFlow (still learning)

5 Likes

I love using Figma! But to make prototypes “alive”, I’m starting to test Webflow into my workflow.

5 Likes

I use Adobe XD for the most part. Sometimes I work with Adobe Illustrator to create custom icons, backgrounds, patterns etc. (:

3 Likes

My mom gifted me a fountain pen a few years ago, and I bought some colored paper last year.
It’s amazing how fast and concise my sketches have become. Those attributes also make them shareable and viable artifacts in my process.

3 Likes

I using webflow!

2 Likes

Adobe XD is one of my favorite tools for design. Adobe XD certainly is the most buzzed tool among UX designers when it comes to prototyping. This is an all-inclusive tool that can build wireframes, web design, mobile apps, and much more.

Figma is one my favourite tool. But for work i’m illustrator and photoshop with figma

2 Likes

Flip flopping between Sketch and Sigma

Won’t look past XD, Framer or Principle though

As far as UX/UI design it doesn’t seem like anything can beat Figma

@Taylor Balsamiq! I enjoy doing this and particularly as a Researcher it helps me to design a simple paper and pencil sketch or prototypes from the insights gathered from the research. Sharing with designers helps me visually communicate with them about my perspective.

Axure RP and Affinity Designer, I like being able to prototype micro-interactions in Axure in my desktop/mobile/etc hi-fi prototypes.

It’s interesting and cool how many people use Webflow for prototyping. On longer term projects I usually create a set of web themes and components for either web or native mobile mockups + a design library that can be versioned in Git.

Adobe photoshop, premiere, and illustrator - Best to me!

I probably spend more time in Miro than anywhere else, collecting research, creating surveys and interviews, collating tables of data, mapping out journeys, running workshops, creating personas, I even sometimes use to in user testing sessions when doing tasks that just involve the participant looking at something and answering questions. i can do pretty much anything in it.

Right now Sketch, with Adobe XD and Illustrator as a back up.

I’ve been using sketch since I started in design 18 months ago, but I think I’m going to switch to Figma. It seems to be coming the industry standard with many companies, and the added functions look great,. The animation and prototyping tools seem far better whereas with Sketch I have to use either InVision or Flinto to animate and prototype. You can also integrate prototypes into usabilityhub tests.

What experience do people have using Figma and Webflow to develop your products? Is it quite simple?

Adobe Illustrator is my favorite as it gives the freedom to work from a freehand sketch to a vector image that is scalable to any size. Also it sets the standard for professionally designed logos, artwork, infographics, icons, and much more.