What was your first job?

I got a job at the printing company where my mum worked as a receptionist and was virtualy a celebrity there. The job was incredibly tedious putting CD protectors into cases. It was £5 per hour which was pretty good at the time.

3 Likes

My first “official” job was being a Barista at Second Cup at age 16. Right before I started my job, my dad warned me about coffee stunting my growth and so I never touched it at all. (Little did I know, the genetics from my parents really didn’t give me the option to be that tall at all. I’m 5’2)

Funny little fact: I still don’t drink coffee. I also don’t like it at all. Tea all the way.

2 Likes

My first job was based on my university degree. A Java Software Developer.
Saw the light and made the move.

1 Like

I had a piece-work job tying elastic onto tags for the Bodyshop through my mum but my first official job was (for the same company) pressing CD rotectors onto CD case backs.

1 Like

My first proper job was in social media management and digital marketing. Mostly around content creation. So, content calendars, creating copy for client blogs and social media accounts and campaigns. I also wrote copy for Google, Facebook, and Twitter add, as well as website copy. I had to come up with campaign ideas too.

It helped me learn SEO and keyword writing. And how to write copy of varying lengths and for various purposes.

0 Likes