What was your first job?

I got a job at the printing company where my mum worked as a receptionist and was virtualy a celebrity there. The job was incredibly tedious putting CD protectors into cases. It was £5 per hour which was pretty good at the time.

3 Likes

My first “official” job was being a Barista at Second Cup at age 16. Right before I started my job, my dad warned me about coffee stunting my growth and so I never touched it at all. (Little did I know, the genetics from my parents really didn’t give me the option to be that tall at all. I’m 5’2)

Funny little fact: I still don’t drink coffee. I also don’t like it at all. Tea all the way.

2 Likes

My first job was based on my university degree. A Java Software Developer.
Saw the light and made the move.

1 Like

I had a piece-work job tying elastic onto tags for the Bodyshop through my mum but my first official job was (for the same company) pressing CD rotectors onto CD case backs.

1 Like

My first proper job was in social media management and digital marketing. Mostly around content creation. So, content calendars, creating copy for client blogs and social media accounts and campaigns. I also wrote copy for Google, Facebook, and Twitter ads, as well as website copy. I had to come up with campaign ideas too.

It helped me learn SEO and keyword writing. And how to write copy of varying lengths and for various purposes.

1 Like

Woah, good to see you again! We haven’t heard from you since you introduced yourself a couple of years back. What’s brought you back our way?

It’s good to be back! I kind of lost this link.

Rediscovered it through the newsletter and saved it to my phone.

2 Likes

I was a host at the Olive Garden when I was 14. I sat guests, rolled silverware, ran food, and tried to fit in as well as I could.

1 Like

Math tutor! Signed up to tutor a middle school student when I was in high school. $20 per session (1-2 hrs, until he completed his homework)

Not sure if I actually helped though, I tried my best! :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

my first job is a waitress in a very small food restaurant in my university life. lasting just 20 days LOL !!! I turn to find another job which does not require working late till 00:am, clean-up and washing dishes all night =))

2 Likes

@hoangtran10377 - Sounds like a smart move! Welcome to the community.

My first job was at 16, working with KFC. It was the most demanding job I ever had. Although, I just worked for the experience and free meal.

1 Like