What was the first thing you bought with your own money?

My off-topic question for this week is what was the first thing you bought with your own money?

I vividly remember mine. I bought a trick worm like this one from the $2 shop when I was 4. I was so proud of it. It broke after about 10 minutes.

2 Likes

If you call with your own money means when you started earning then it was Gaming Mouse some years ago.

3 Likes

A soft black velvet hat from Target that my mum then glued a sunflower to the front of. I wore it to school and was teased mercilessly by the other kids. The next day, my teacher showed up with a fashion magazine and he held it up in front of the class. The woman on the cover was wearing a nearly identical hat :star_struck::blush::laughing:

My first purchase after I graduated from university and started working full time was a pair of purple patent leather docs.

3 Likes

Yeah I thought if it as money I earned working at a real job too. What comes to mind is paying for credit card debt! Those other stories are really sweet though and I wish I could remember it.

1 Like

With earned money it was probably stuff for my student life. I remember getting excited buying pans and plates from the £1 shop as for pocket money, it would have been sweets. I also remember my first magazine subscription I paid for with my own pocket money was for a science and technology magazine called Quest. I found it fascinating.

1 Like