I have this feeling lately like I don’t know what to focus on. It’s not a problem with not being able to focus, but not knowing where to put my limited time and energy. (Well, now that I write this, it seems like a focus/distraction problem. If I can really focus on something for weeks at at time, then why not do these things one at a time, for instance a few weeks for each?)
Some things my days tend to consist of:
UX contracting related stuff
– continued reading on relevant themes, portfolio and online presence related prospecting, improvement as a consultant, etc.
Game economics (incentive structures and economics)
– related to my interest in crypto and network effects
– related to building mvp native apps
Google products like Analytics, Tag Manager, Optimize, etc
– related to present work and subsequently, value based design
This bigger interest in tech and how it affects industries & business strategy (things like a16z, clayton christensen, david snowden, simon wardley)
Some possible considerations that seem like they could help, which I’m having trouble answering:
- what do i want to be doing?
- what is being requested (pull economy)?
- where does the field seem to be moving towards?
- what will be most important function for a company during a recession?
5. what is going to be outsourced or automated?
6. … etc
This isn’t UX related, but I figure everyone deals with this type of problem in one form or another. Wondering what some outside perspective would look like.