What are you watching at the moment?

We’ve just finished the first season of Ozark and IT IS AWESOME!

What are you guys watching? Any recommendations?

2 Likes

@HAWK
I’m a TV-shows addict…

do you know the TVTime (www.tvtime.com) app?
You can track your favourite shows and discover new stuff.
If you will sign-up you can find me as dopamino.

at the moment I’m watching:

1. Power
  2. Fear the Walking Dead
  3. Gipsy
  4. Satisfaction
  5. Master of None

the best shows of 2017 IMO are:

1. Silicon Valley
  2. Halt catch and fire
  3. the handmaid’s tale
  4. taboo
  5. billions
  6. house of cards
  7. american gods

I was totally disappointed by Fargo :frowning:

Ozark is on my list but I didn’t start it yet

Last updates:

• Paula - a Brit drama made by only 3 episodes. It will make u fastened to the coach hugging the pillow. It’s like watching a Ken Loach movie with a lot of suspense!
  • Westworld - Set in a technologically advanced Wild West–themed amusement park populated by android hosts, the creators of Westworld cater to high-paying human guests, who may darkly indulge in sex, violence, and adventure within the park without consequence.
  • Halt and Catch Fire - Set in the 1980s, this series dramatizes the personal computing boom through the eyes of a visionary, an engineer and a prodigy whose innovations directly confront the corporate behemoths
  • Flowers - Dark comedy about the eccentric members of the Flowers family. Maurice and Deborah are barely together but yet to divorce. They live with Maurice’s batty mother and their maladjusted twin children.
  • Roots - An adaptation of Alex Haley’s “Roots”, chronicling the history of an African man sold to slavery in America, and his descendants.
3 Likes

Fargo was brilliant - granted I wasn’t too sure about Ewan McGreggor but it still had that feel of mystery and simple town living that the Coen brothers wonderfully create.

Currently, I’m watching:

1. Game of Thrones
  2. Twin Peaks
  3. Rick and Morty
  4. Bates Motel (finished this but loved it!)
  5. Better call Saul (finished watching and again fantastic!)

Shows I’m looking forward to watching:

1. Curb Your Enthusiasm - October 2017
  2. Stranger things
3 Likes

I loved Nikki Swango, she reminded me Kill Bill, and, of course, Gloria Burgle she’s great!
I liked the villain V.M. Varga but still compared to the previous seasons, IMO, the climax was not so high.

I didn’t start it yet.
Did u like it?

1. Narcos
  2. Marvel Defenders
  3. Mr Robot
  4. Gotham
  5. MindHunter
  6. The Walking Dead
2 Likes

Twin Peaks is awesome! It’s so awkward and surreal - but it’s not for everyone understandably. If you’re slightly twisted in your sense of humour and enjoy the slow pace of David Lynch then you will definitely want to watch it.

Definitely looking forward to Mr Robot for sure.

2 Likes

I’m working my way through The IT Crowd and Breaking Bad at the moment. It’s slow going. With our 11-week old son, we’re trying to keep the TV off as much as possible, and when it’s on we keep the volume off. Apparently background TV sound can interfere with language development of little ones. I’m not a fan of subtitles, so the upshot is that I only get in a couple episodes a week.

2 Likes

FSociety rocks!

1 Like

both of them are great TVShows!
The Breaking Bad, IMO, is the best by far.

1 Like

I know, right? I’ve watched the IT Crowd all the way through 3 or 4 times, and laugh my butt off every time. I got through the first 4ish seasons of Breaking Bad when my wife had an internship in another state for a couple of months. I didn’t want to pick things up mid-stream, so I started over again when our son was born. I’m through most of season 3. It’s such a good show, I don’t mind watching it all over again!

2 Likes

I’ve a playlist on youtube with my FAV scenes from TBB, and I watch them very often 0____0

1 Like

Then you totally have to watch Better Call Saul - it’s great

2 Likes

I’ve been waiting to watch BCS until I’ve finished up BB to avoid any spoilers. Is it worth it to wait, or will I be shooting myself in the foot if I jump in before I’ve finished Breaking Bad?

Definitely wait and finish BB - but jump straight into BCS - no regrets :slight_smile:

1 Like

Cheers! I rather suspected that might be the case…

We binged watched all of these this year. Twin Peaks the old season and then what was out of the new one. It gets a bit too weird for me in the new one.

Yeah, totally agree with this. When my kids were little I never put the TV on and now it’s just not a part of their lives. They’ll watch a movie every couple of weeks but it’s not on their radar most of the time. I’m really proud of that.

Yeah – so good.

1 Like

Off the back of all of this - GOT was amazing!

1 Like

You should check out “The Guest Book” and “Room104”. Two unrelated shows with the same premise, one is a comedy and the other a thriller. Midnight texas seems nice aswell. Best show of the year has to be silicon vally…for now. I’ll try out tvtime.com. I use tvshow tracker.

2 Likes

SV you’re right! I forgot to mention that show, shame on me!
Gilfoyl is my hero!

1 Like

The only series that I watched is Silicon Valley, but don’t prefer to rewatch episodes. But I still prefer re-watching Mind you language (still watch this series). Thats the only only series I watch. Apart from that I don’t watch any series/movies (english), very rarely. But my friends are binge watchers so I seen some patches of the series they had watched.

I like to mention about Narcos. I watched 3 or 4 episodes and I really like the art direction and cinematography. Especially the Spanish narration. Also I seen some episodes of planet earth. I don’t know is it a series, but it reveals the wonderful and chaotic life of other living being.

1 Like

Yeah, I recently watched Narcos too. SO fascinating. I love that the opening credits have imagery of the actual people as well.

1 Like