We're thinking of running an AMA session - what do you think?

We were thinking that it might be fun to run an AMA (Ask Me Anything) session with Luke. These sessions were made famous by Reddit and are both entertaining and a great learning experience. You’d have the opportunity to ask Luke questions relating to UX problems that you’re having at work, pick his brain for tips about your portfolio, or find out whether he’d rather fight a pack of duck sized horses or one horse sized duck.

What I’m trying to figure out now is the logistics of how we do it. Getting everyone in one place at the same time isn’t feasible due to timezones, but we also can’t expect Luke to hang around for an entire day. I’m wondering about setting up a specific hour (like we do for Ask the UXperts) but also give people the opportunity to ask their questions ahead of time if they’re not going to be able to make it.

Does anyone have any ideas, thoughts or feedback?

That sounds like fun! I agree - If it was me I’d just run it the same way you run the Ask the UXperts sessions and get people to submit their questions ahead of time if they can’t come. I’d do the first one as an hour and see what happens- if it runs over time and you plan on doing another one (I’d totally put my hand up for that lol) then consider changing it to 90 mins. Just a thought :slight_smile:

Thanks Ash, that’s pretty much what I had in mind. Running it here on the forums gives people the opportunity to ask ahead of time.

I’m hoping that it will be a bit more informal than an ATU, and I’m thinking about giving away a couple of prizes for the best/funniest questions.

Exactly :slight_smile: Great idea on the prizes!