Welcome Vonnie!

Hey all,
Say hi to our newest member Vonnie. She comes to us from Ontario, Canada and is a recent design grad, looking to get into UX.
It’s great to have you here. :slight_smile:

If there is anything specific that we can help with, then just say the word. Otherwise, we’ll see you round the forums.

Hi Vonnie! :slight_smile:

Hi all, thank you for the welcome Hawk! Looking forward to seeing what’s up on here.

Welcome Vonnie! What’s your take on the demand for UX design in Ontario?

At my newbie level, it’s a non-issue. By that, I mean, the freelance clients that I can expect to attract as a new entry-level designer (ie: on a budget clients), don’t care about it at all. If you provide the service for them, great, but they are not willing to pay for it: it is not of value to them. I think they feel it’s too intangible. However, on the flip side, the career job market reflects a growing demand for it. I see job postings every day for UX design skills although many of the postings still lump the UX designer in with UI designer so you end up with a lot of “UI/UX Designer” instead of a dedicated “UX Designer”. Or “web developer” with strong UX skills.

Overall, I think it is still misunderstood in terms of it’s value and it’s role in the design process.

But I guess it’s a step in the right direction?