UX skills gap

Hi all

I’ve created a spreadsheet with a list of UX skills (see below). Aim is to complete and identify where my skill gaps are. I’ve focused on UX and not included people or project management skills.

Anything missing that I should add? Maybe there’s something not so obvious that’s come in useful.

Thanks in advance.

3 Likes

this might help you :slightly_smiling_face:
https://uxmastery.com/resources/techniques/

4 Likes

Perfect, thanks Leo

1 Like

What a great idea! Nice work.

1 Like

Perfect, thanks Leo

1 Like

Something that I would say is particularly useful is a basic knowledge (or interest) in human psychology too

1 Like

Thanks @jacquidow, yes it’s on the to-do-list. Can you recommend a good ‘human psychology for dummies’ type book? Simple as possible please!

1 Like

I’d start with Susan Weinschenk’s “100 Things Every Designer Needs to Know About People”

I like the way you have sectioned them off. Is this a tempalte I could also use? I’m also narrowing down on my skill shortages.

Sure @ari_rahmati. Here’s a link to a read-only view of the spreadsheet: Skills template

I try and read 2 substantial articles or book chapters for each section. Also I can’t recommend Milanote enough to store notes, links or images online. Fantastic tool.

Let me know if you have any issues opening.

1 Like

This is great. thank you so much!