UX Designer

I think we’ve come full circle on the question here.

@Rei_Hino is directing you in terms of making a UI portfolio. If you want to go down a UX path then you are correct, your process is more important than your outcome.

Hey again - sorry for the late reply. If you’re still looking for career/internship advice, I usually suggest students start with an indeed search in their local area. You don’t want to apply for “everything” in UX in a shotgun approach. Rather, try to find job descriptions that resonate with you and your abilities. Also do a lot of networking at local meet ups. Your best bet is to meet people in the field if you can who can point you to places that might be open to someone new. Focus on starting and having conversations with people who can potentially help you, just like you’re doing here and you’ll find your way :slight_smile:

I came into the UX field without a related background. But still i break into the field. I have down plenty researches about the design resources and following-paths to reach out to UX field.

I think the following things may help you.

1. Make clear the terms of UX, UI, IA, and IxD
    User experience (UX) refers to a person’s emotions and attitudes about using a particular product, system or service. It includes the practical, experiential, affective, meaningful and valuable aspects of human–computer interaction and product ownership. Additionally, it includes a person’s perceptions of system aspects such as utility, ease of use and efficiency.

2. UX design Books
    The Design of Everyday Things — Donald A. Norman
    Don’t Make Me Think — Steve Krug
    The Non-Designer’s Design Book — Robin Williams
    The Elements of User Experience — Jesse James Garrett

3. UX designer tools
    Invision — Design better, faster, together.
    Mockplus — Prototype faster, smarter, easier.
    Axure — Design the right solution.
    Justinmind — All-in-one prototyping tool for web and mobile apps.
    Uxpin — The full-stack UX design platform.

4. Places you can gain UX inspiration

1. http://community.uxmastery.com
  2. Medium
  3. Design Website
  1. Online class
  1. Coursera Price: Paid, but provides financial aids

2. My.path Price: Contain both free and paid learning materials