UX Boot Camps (Bloc vs Designlab vs Springboard vs CareerFoundry)

Hi All,
I know there are always a lot of questions on which boot camp to go to so I made a chart. This is the latest version. I’ve been a mentor at all of the online UX boot camps, plus some in-person ones as well so this is from my point of view as a mentor.

An always updated version can be found on my blog, https://www.juliad.com/blog-1/which-ux-career-accelerator-should-i-go-to.

Please chime in on the comments.

This is fantastic! Thank you for posting this.

This is awesome thanks Julia. Tweeting it out to our peeps.

I would like to point out that Springboard allows you to go at your own pace. They bill by the month, so the faster you complete it, the less you pay.

For instance, I worked my tail off and did the whole program in just one month, which made it an incredible value for me. It ended up being only $500 that way.

Most people will not be able to do it in just one month, but I wanted to put that out there for anyone who is extremely motivated.

Hi @tomatohorse,

Thanks for that feedback! That is great that you finished so quickly!

I made an update based on your feedback (it’s on my blog version).

Thanks!
Julia

Thanks, that’s an amazing resource!

One suggestion would be to add a row about tuition guarantee, I know Bloc offers it, but I’m not sure about the others. I was comparing these programs today. I wish I would have found this a few hours ago, doh!!

Thanks Julia for this AMAZING chart! I’m planning to attend a UX bootcamp and would really like to ask you for your advice. I’m interested in taking either DesignLab or Bloc because overall they have good reviews online. I already know two people who took DesignLab and had a good experience (1 has a job and the other is currently taking classes) so I’m really curious about Bloc since I don’t know anyone who’s taken their course.

Could you give some insight into how the curriculum content differs for Bloc (do you learn more frontend in bloc vs designlab?) and would you happen to know which has a better job success rate after graduation? If you have a suggestion for which school is better, I’m definitely all ears, thank you!

Thanks for the suggestion! I’ll add it in.

Hi,

The UX curriculum for Bloc is really light, maybe 20%. I would recommend Designlab over Bloc for a good UX education. You have roughly the same number of projects, but Bloc makes you code your portfolio from scratch, which is so not necessary.

Hope that helps!

I made some updates based on everyone’s comments. Love to hear more!

Sure does! You’re always a wealth of information.

@jdebari Thank you for this info! I am enrolled in CareerFoundray, as now, every student gets a tutor and a mentor. I have been in the program for about a month and about to complete the fundamental part of the program. I found that as much as my mentor wants and willing to help, he doesn’t seem to be familiar with the material. My tutor though answers my questions regularly and approve my assignments on time, his feedback on the work looks very uniformly pre-write copy and past. I don’t have many questions aa right now since I am still on the fundamental part but I do concern about the future courses.

Not sure if this is the right thread or should I post this on other threads?

@irene_chang22 This thread is fine. Thanks for sharing your experience so far!
I’ll update the chart about mentor and tutor. Bloc is doing the same thing with some of the same issues.

Thanks!
Julia