User Interface Info

Hi Everyone,

I am looking for informaation on UI specifically. I have no experience in this field of work but I wanted to make the switch to UX/UI. Currently am enrolled in a web development course with Skillshare and I was wondering if I can get some recommendations for online courses that can give me a solid education on UI and the confidence to eventually get a job in this field.

I have looked at Career Foundry and Designlab and was wondering if there is anyone who has experience with them and can give me their advice on which one they prefer. Also, what courses on Lynda would you suggest I take to get started on UI. Any books and reading materials I can add to that ? Also, am I wrong in thinking that as a beginner in this field I should start with building an experience in UI and then progress to UX?

Sorry for the long post - with so many programs and courses online its confusing and hard to know which one is genuine and good quality education.

Any thoughts, suggestions, recommendations to share will be greatly helpful :).

Thank You !
Vicky

1 Like

Totally agreed, UI is a part of UX.

I would say yes, you are possibly wrong in this assumption, but it is a common misconception. As Julia explained, UI can be a part of UX but it certainly doesn’t have to be. Many UX practitioners are not graphic or UI designers. You need to figure out which part of UX interests you before you pursue UI.

There are many courses listed on our site here: https://uxmastery.com/resources/ux-courses/

1 Like

Thank you so much for the clarification. I have a background in Payroll and Fund Administration and I have wanted to make this switch for a while but never really got to it till now :). I will look into the books you recommended and am certain i’ll have a zillion more questions as I read more on this :slight_smile: .

1 Like

Excellent! The more the merrier.