Usability testing tasks - a question about naming

usability

Hi,

I remember the first post I added here, knowing absolutely (well, almost) nothing about designing a User Interface. It’s been some time and we’re ready to have the Tool tested.

A little disclaimer before I ask the question: I work at a startup, where, well, not everything is done the way it’s supposed to be, due to many different reasons. Most of the tests I was doing along this time were guerilla/hallway testing methods. So if you want to comment in a way that implies that something should’ve been done differently… know that I am aware of that :slight_smile:

Question:
I have never tested the naming/labels we use to name components. I have no idea how intelligible they might be. How can I phrase the task scenarios so I actually check if the names are not confusing?

I know the question is pretty vague, but let’s start here and I will give you as much information as you need.

Rats. You took away my favorite type of comment! /s

Can I ask first what type of testing you’re doing now? That may help us narrow down some suggestions.

Mine too! :sweat_smile::nail_care:

I guess the testing is done now, since this post dates 2 weeks back?
Nevertheless an interesting question and it would also be interesting to learn how this has eventually been addressed.

Well, actually no testing has ever been done. The Boss decided we don’t need that (sic!) and the platform will be used mostly by API. One of the reasons I was so silent lately. I’m depressed and started looking for a new position, where I can actually do some UX :slight_smile:

That’s very sad to hear. Have you found somewhere else?

Still searching.

Hang in there! You can get past this.

:frowning:
Best of luck. We’ve got your back.

Thank you for all of your good wishes!

It worked!

I’ve just received an offer letter.

So psyched!!!

That is SO WONDEFUL!!!

If I knew more about gifs, I’d post one with cheerleaders. Oh, well, at least I’ve got the right idea.

I’m so glad for you.

:dancer::dancing_women::man_dancing: