After a first career as a history professor, I “discovered” UX and fell in love. Last August I completed a UX course (100 hours) at one of the leading UX agencies in Israel. I have been trying to get a job in the last 5 months, with no luck. The answer I hear from potential employers is that I don’t have experience. I decided therefore to concentrate my efforts on a portfolio. I am looking for people who also work on a portfolio so we can share ideas and suggestions. I also have some questions about portfolio:
- Is it “ok” to create a portfolio using Powerpoint (or convert it to pdf) and upload it to Dropbox for instance (and share a link with someone)
- IS there a website like 99 Designs but only for UX projects?
- What would be a good mix of case-studies (e.g., web app, mobile, responsive)
- Do I need any knowledge in graphic design in order to create a good UX portfolio?
- Should I present the ENTIRE project with all screens, menus etc.? Or rather, just a “taste” from the process?