System usability scale - calculator

Hi all,

I was looking online for a SUS calculator and discovered that I either had to pay loads or download an unfriendly document. Because of this, I just made my own it’s pretty simple and straightforward. All the calculations are done for you so all you need to do is update your data.

Let me know what you guys think :slight_smile:

SUS calculator and scoring sheet

3 Likes

Hey there, I am actually going to be doing a usability testing session soon and intend on using a modified SUS scale for post-test feedback. When I click on your link, it says that the document has been removed. Any chance, you can re-share?

Thanks, Melissa

Hi @melissa_easker - apologies I was clearing out my google drive and this went along with it. The link should be working now - just hit the download button on the top right corner :slight_smile:

Thank you for being so generous with your work. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks so much for the tool, It was pretty helpful and overall the research session went well…Ok, not awesome but we validated a lot of things during our testing. Too bad the client insisted on having a coded fully functional wireframe version of the app. Lots of time and money wasted based on what we heard from the participants.

@melissa_easker No problem at all. What a pain in my experience even if we do code the prototyped - it’s still going to be ripped apart anyway depending on what front-end technology they use. Remember, information gathered is never wasted. You’ve proved your hypothesis whether it works or not.

I created a free SUS calculator add-on for google sheets. Anyone can use it here:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/stategize/ioeiihefkdgkcpghdbnakpkebjiagjcm?utm_source=permalink
Let me know in case there is any feedback

Can you give more of a description about what it does?

Sure.

What it contains right now is a SUS calculator (with a Cronbach reliability test) with a sample SUS scoresheet. It also has a paired t test, one sample t test and two sample t test incase you wish to compare SUS scores of different designs or compare a score to a benchmark.

You can take the users responses (range of 1-5) and enter them on the sheet. You can then select the range of the responses with your mouse (or enter them manually) in the add-on and click ‘update range’.

By clicking on run test, you get the average SUS score for that set of responses as well as the internal reliability score (between 0 to 1).

Optionally if you want to see the SUS score for each respondent, you can select a cell which can display the SUS score column and when you click run test, it will update that column with the individual SUS scores.

I will also be making some video tutorials soon!

1 Like

Hello, the link you provided is not working. please could you share the working link?

Hi @Abhinesh_Prabhakaran Welcome to the UX Mastery Community!

Just to clarify, you were referring to the SUS calculator add-on link? Tagging @siddharthseengal here for help with this :slight_smile:

Hi all,

Must have been clearing through my google drive - try this link now: SUS scoring sheet - Google Sheets

1 Like

Thank you @annabelle_andre! It’s wonderful to see you back here at UX Mastery, and looking forward to more insightful posts from you :slight_smile: