Studying for personal interest

Hi everyone!

I’m curious about what y’all are studying out of personal interest/passion (so, not UX related).

Kim

Hi Kim,

I’m not actually studying anything out of personal interest at the moment but I wish I was!

I’d love to get back into learning French. I studied it at university during the winter semester during final year just for fun and I loved it!

I’d also like to learn how to use my camera to its fullest extent and would like to learn how to be a better gardener. I love gardening but I can’t seem to keep anything alive!

I’ve just finished the Coursera Social Psychology course and it was awesome. I feel motivated to take it further. So much of it can be applied to both my job and my personal life. If it comes up again, I highly recommend it.

I’m currently dusting off my oil paints and my water colours, trying to make some more personalised gifts for people :).
I’d love to start learning Japanese again, as like Ashlea, I took it at uni, but had to drop it because I ran out of time. I’m also quite excited, I’ve manage to grow broccoli in a pot, and it’s got a little broccoli coming up!! I’ve never grown veges in pots before :p.

What about you Kim?

You make an interesting point there Kim. I feel like they often do, to a degree. I took the psych paper for personal interest, but also with a view to learning more about how and why people behave in the ways that they do so that I can apply that to my job. If you’re someone that’s lucky enough (as we both are) to be doing a job that you love and are passionate about, then often ‘doing things for fun’ and ‘extending my wider career knowledge’ are one and the same.