Should I take the job of UX Research Recruiting Coordinator?

Hi,

Did you take the job? How was the experience?

I am also applying as a “UX Research Participant Coordinator“ in the same company based here in the Philippines. :philippines:

I wonder if he took the job !!! I actually took this job and have been there for a year. I don’t have a UX background, but account management mostly and I’m taking classes for UX on the side. I do have good relationships with people in the company and at Google although it has not landed me a job there or elsewhere, it still could. You are separate from the bigger process if UX but you also do have some access to keen insight on business standards, tools, user testing, participant recruitment and sourcing, and some research methods. I’ve seen a lot of people with ux certificates work here a short time, and then move on to something bigger.

I think we might be hiring again FYI.

If anyone is still on this thread, what’s the best thing you did to get your foot in the door ?

1 Like

Welcome to the community @Lacey_Drummond!

Build relationships with people in the company. That’s the biggest thing. Let people know you’re looking for a UX position.

Hope that helps!

Did you pursue it? How was it? I am currently being offered a similar role, same company.

It gets your foot in the door and could provide good networking. I think in the market as is today, it’s a good opportunity to start somewhere which is sometimes the hardest part.

1 Like

Welcome to the community @Teng_Manila!

As @Charlevieve said, it’s a good opportunity to network and get your foot in the door of UX.