Practicing Creating a User Persona

Hi there, I just tried creating a user persona using the following prompt from fakeclients.com:

“My name’s Lucius. I need a UX designer as soon as possible, for a project I’m working on. I need a design to quickly and easily let people know when their custom cake is ready. Can you help us out?”

I came up with the following persona after studying CF’s guide on them:

Any feedback or suggestions to improve? How did I do for a first attempt? Thanks in advance!

No, I don’t think I did enough research to be honest, I was really early in learning and didn’t realize the order of the design process yet. I will work on it further, and I’ll check out Goal Directed Personas.

That being said, how would I go about practicing user research? Do I need to ask my friends to participate? Make a survey? Is there some kind of database or resource that I can use to find user research for now?

Thanks for your help!

Thank you so much!

Hi,
Can we create persona only based on questionnaire / surveys or is it better to do it using user interview?

Hey @jdebari ,
Any help on where/how I look for interviewees. I have been struggling to get few. As you said, friends & family didn’t work.