Portfolio feedback

portfolio

Hi all,
I’m a grad student in HCI, and I’m currently looking for internships.
I’d love to hear some feedback on my portfolio and tips on how I could improve it.
http://vedantha.me/

Thanks and have a great day!

Would this be a good project for gaining experience in UX Design?

Vedantha,

I really like the way you’ve put this together. The only changes I would seek to make is that each of your 4 project areas have a different look to the way you’ve organized the presentation. It would be nice if it were consistent. I noticed this particularly in the Persona area. I also wonder if your portfolio can be made so that when you click on an image of a wireframe sketch that it opens up in a lightbox at a larger size so that you can see the details more clearly.

On some of the sketches the photograph itself has a orange tint to it, this is because the color balance is off. This is pretty easy to fix and I’d see if I can get the whites to actually look white in those images. It’s just a distraction and you don’t need a reviewer to be focusing on details like that and losing the big picture!

Hi Steve,
Thank you so much for your feedback, I appreciate it.

Hi Vedantha,

Your portfolio looks well thought out and very clear. It is simple yet sophistically informative about your work and the process you used to get to the finish. Should mention, I would like to take inspiration from you in designing my portfolio. You have a very impressive profile. All the very best with your endeavours!

@enlightened_06 It’s beautiful! Amazing work.

It’s appealing to look at, clear to read, and your process is well documented.
I can’t fault it.

Thank you for the kind words :slight_smile:

Thank you for going through my portfolio, I appreciate it :slight_smile:

Vedantha, your portfolio looks great. I am currently building my portfolio and I’m wondering what platforms you might recommend to build a portfolio on? Thanks and good luck to you!

I don’t know how technical you are @candramichelleg – but if you’re not, I’ve seen some great portfolios built on Behance.

This is one of my favourites.

Thank you for your kind words. :slight_smile:
Like @HAWK mentioned, it depends on how comfortable you are coding in HTML - CSS - Javascript.
If you are, I recommend using Bootstrap. I based mine off a Bootstrap template - this one. I ended up using only parts of it, but it gave me a good base.

Additionally, you can check Squarespace. I’ve seen some good portfolios built with this, definitely worth checking out.