I’m looking for some way to package and send prototypes for offline use. The work I do has a lot of animations, so clickable pdfs aren’t adequate.
I’m in Shanghai, and every normal wireframe/prototype hosting platform is blocked or throttled so badly as to be unusable.
- Sketch Cloud is ok with a vpn as long as there aren’t any large images (there usually are) and can’t do animations. (With gov’t clients, we often can’t suggest using a vpn.)
- InVision hosting is too slow, with an without a vpn. Animations freeze and links get dropped too often.
- I can only make videos in Flinto.
- Adobe XD can’t upload through the firewall, and I can’t even test if hosted prototypes work.
- It looks like Framer X still has no sharing/hosting function.
- Figma and Principle export iOS applets, and Figma has a mobile app, but not all our clients have macs, and I do touchscreens so mobile display is going to be way too small.
I actually did a serious survey of popular software as part of my unofficial ‘CTO’ duties.
Idealy, what I’d love is something like Flash used to do where you could export a Projector file, and anyone could open it locally with all images and scripts embedded.
Does anything like that exist for clickable animated prototypes?