Need participants for 10min Cardsorting

I have a new and quick card-sorting activity set up, this time in OptimalSort! Would love some participants, it takes less than 10 mins
Link below!
Welcome | Optimalsort by Optimal Workshop

Done! I concede that it was the hardest card sort I’ve ever done. I had no idea for most of the items!

1 Like

Thanks @HAWK! I totally agree, this is the 2nd type of Cardstorting I’ve created for this product and in this version I’ve even cut out some of the original subcategories based on the first cardsorting exercise. My hope is to keep trimming down on unnecessary cards.

What did you think contributed to being so hard? Any insight would help in my recommendations at the end.

With the exception of 2 or 3 cards, none of the categories felt intuitive to me. I felt like I was almost making arbitrary decisions most of the time. That said, with some context that may have been different. e.g. if the intro told me that this was a site for people to do X then it may have made more sense.

1 Like

True that, completely agree with you on this.

1 Like

Thanks Hawk, i totally agree, I’ve updated the test to give some context but generally the cards are so generic that particpants are having trouble putting them in the most aligned category however that is exactly what I wanted to see because that is the evidence I want to use. There is no match between the language and the real world of the target users. It’s been interesting to see the unsorted categories and abandoned tests!

Looking for at least 2 more people to give it a shot! Almost at the end guys I would appreciate 10 mins of your time. Feel free to reach out to me to help your projects too! :blush:

1 Like