In a couple of days, I am having a meeting with the product owner. The client is a local supermarket chain. They want to add some new features to their existing mobile app and I will do user research and will prototype my suggestions. The company is well known (I am also their customer), but currently I have no idea of what they want to add or change in their mobile app.
I will have about 1-1.5 hours to talk to them, and after that, I will be able to communicate with them only online until presentation. So I want to extract as much useful info as I can during the meeting.
As far as I can imagine I need to ask about the feature they want to implement:
- What value will it bring to the company
- What value will it bring to the users
- How do they plan to monetize it
- What pains users have related to the new feature
- What technical restrictions may arise
- Do competitors have any similar feature
- Is there any related example I could explore
What else would be important to ask? Maybe something more general about their company?
And maybe you have some useful lifehacks for doing effective interviews with business clients?