Magento vs Shopify

Since, Magento and Shopify are the most popular e-commerce platforms, they both deserve attention.
This is very important and life changing choice, so I should go along all the pros and cons of both platforms in order to come up with the best option for my business.I have read a lot of information on the Internet about the difference,but I want to hear you also. Maybe someone can share with me about some experience in this sphere.
Thank you in advance!

Hey there,
Welcome. Are you looking for advice about which to choose?

Magento is awful. Stay far away.

Yes, I am confused and want to hear your opinion about that

I have used Magento for one of my clients e-commerce website. Honestly, I found a lot of issues with Magento. It is not easy to get started with Magento and there is a learning curve. You need to have a very good hosting space to get it running.

I haven’t worked on Shopify yet, but I did explore it a while back. I liked the interface and it seemed easy. Lot of learnings is available and they also have a good dedicated support. If you have a limited list of SKUs, then I would suggest giving a try to Shopify. You will be up and running at very short time.

I’ve build a lot of shops in the last 20+ years, and every time i choosed the underlaying system with the current project/problem/needs in hands.
Magento and Shopify may be popular at the moment, but in total most of the shops in the web do not use them, because they don’t fit their needs.

My advice: Keep an eye on the market, not only on two systems.

3 Likes

Hello, Helen. Look, both platforms have got their own pros and cons. When I was at a crossboards, I asked developers for a piece of advice. I was choosing between PrestaShop, Magento, Drupal, and Wix website builder. I was convinced to choose Drupal, and I did.
At first, everything was okay, but then website problems rained down on me. I have nothing against Drupal, I think it was the developer’s negligence and mistakes. I had to turn to another e-commerce development company. They recommended migrating to Shopify since my business is really small and doesn’t require a lot of customizations.
Frankly speaking, it was not easy, but they did it.
So, my choice is Shopify.

1 Like

In my opinion:

Shopify: Best if you do not know how to program and want something done fast. It is more expensive and expect about >50$ per month + % fees when you sell something. Also each time you want to add a functionality you will need to pay for modules. SEO is pretty good (if you know how to use it). Shopify is the “ford” of ecommerce. Learn more about shopify ecommerce app and theme here

Magento: This is packed of functionalities but require skills to setup properly and will need constant maintenance. If you need a big store with thousands of items then this is what you need. This is definitely the “Ferrari” of all ecommerce.

So you can consider each platform’s pros and con to make a good decision for your ecommerce business.

MAGENTO
Magento is that eCommerce platform that is built on open-source technology that provides online merchants with a flexible shopping cart system and it also controls the content and functionality of their online store. Who is not a developer Magento is designed for them so that they can utilize it as an application.
BENEFITS OF USING MAGENTO:
Installation is very easy
Effective Program
It provides more than 50 gateways
SEO friendly
Easy to edit

SHOPIFY
Shopify is an e-commerce platform which allows a merchant to design, market, and sell any type of goods to consumer around the world. If you don’t have any experience in coding and development then you should go for Shopify. It provides more than 70 payment gateways with checkouts by which you can easily sell your products to customers anywhere in the world.
BENEFITS OF SHOPIFY
Easy to Set-up
A lot of useful Shopify app
Secure and Reliable
Easy payment
Customer support is outstanding
Excellent loading speed

Shopify is what I often hear compare to magento…

shopify is a good platform as per my opinion…Magento is a complex as that i have felt.

Shopify and JD Williams Catalogue is a good platform for me.

you also can use Drupal. Drupal is a Content management system which not require programming to develop website