Looking for portfolio feedback

Hello UX Mastery friends,

I find myself in the market for a job after working as a UX Designer for about three years. I am just getting my portfolio put together. I wrote the case study for my last project and I’m hoping I can get some constructive feedback. Much appreciated. :slight_smile:

https://darryldrozdikdesign.com/imagine-symphony

Thank you friends,
Darryl

There ya go:

In general, there’s just too much content. you don’t have to show everything. work on typography and graphics. it’s okay to start with a template and customize it, if you don’t have enough experience in coding your own.

• too much text
  • missing summary and links to specific sections
  • the whole thing is too big, nobody will dedicate half an hour to go through it. try to make it more digestible in a few minutes.
  • screenshot with numbers has no description about what do the numbers mean
  • you should show the old app only in comparison with the new, otherwise people can mistake the two
  • work more on your typography. for example, text could have more contrast, sections, narrower lines and be always aligned to the left
  • also work more on your graphic design, the website does not look very aesthetic. you mix various styles and content kinds chaotically. get inspired by your competitor’s portfolios.
  • you show a palette before showing the actual solution
  • give a preview of the final thing first, then start describing the process. that way people know if it’s worth the effort to continue reading
  • improve your gallery feature, at least add descriptions to the enlarged pictures, so people know what they see if they switch from picture to picture (without reading the surrounding text)
  • your numbered list does not look like one
  • you mix the process and the results chaotically. try to define a clear structure and stick with it. two approaches I usually use: 1. target 2. my role 3. artefacts, or 1. problem 2. barriers 3. process 4. result

Hi.

I agree with Dugi’s comments.

It is way too technical for me — but it seems you are pitching to a technical market so I understand why you’ve structured it that way.

For me, the biggest thing missing is YOU. That should, I think, be the very first thing that draws me to your page. This page is essentially your story… and, without YOU, I am a little lost.
Making it more personal will be a big improvement.