Looking for opportunity to work for free

Hello!

I’m starting my career in UX field and I’m looking for opportunities to improve my skills and gain some experience in different products. I will work for free, I only need someone’s desire to change something in their product to make it better. So I’m looking for small independent online businesses that sells some goods or service to cooperate and increase conversion via usability, visual design and UX in general. I have few years of experience related to user interfaces so I’m not completely new here.

So my question is: do you know any good web sites where I can find people and products that I’m looking for? Some place where I can post the message above and reach the right audience. I tried some popular web sites for job search but there are big companies with serious business so to say. Maybe small businesses can’t afford a UX guy, so they don’t post job opportunities.

Thanks!

Just in case, my email is victor@5mbytes.com

Hey Victor, sorry for the late response!
Hmmm, very good question. Have you thought about approaching a recruiter that focuses on UX? They might have some ideas. I think Matt knows of someone, let me chat to him and get back to you.

Hi Victor

Apologies for the radio silence over the break.

Where are you based? In my experience you’re going to get a richer experience and be in a better position to add value if you can meet the client face to face.

> In my experience you’re going to get a richer experience and be in a better position to add value if you can meet the client face to face.

Yeah, I agree with you, but I live in Ukraine, and here UX is usually copywriting and drawing nice CTA button for landing page that sells something. Or they want to see your prototypes, not the ideas behind it. It’s like “okay, this guy has 30 prototypes in portfolio, let’s hire him to draw our landing page”. Well, it’s maybe not that bad but still…
Anyway, I already have some UX experience with local projects, and this is why I want to find something outside of my country.

Plus, I was working remote since 2009 and it’s comfortable for me and my employers.