Looking for a Mentor in NJ

Hi everyone. Just joined this group. My name is Ryan and I am currently a Graphic Designer but have started exploring the UX world. I have been reading a lot of articles and started taking some online courses. Ultimately I would love to have a mentor that can guide me through this whole transitional process. I am from NJ and would meet in person or online. Any help would be appreciated! Looking forward to learning with everyone.

Thanks!
Ryan

Hey @rss683 – welcome! I’m glad you found us.

I’ll put out a tweet for you and see if there is anyone in your area that we can put you in touch with. In the mean time, we’re happy to help you here with any questions or guidance. :slight_smile:

Wow. That would be awesome. Thank you so much!

You’re totally welcome.

What courses are you taking? I’ve taken more online UX courses than any human should. I’ve reviewed a number of them here if you’re interested. What is it about UX that interests you?

I’m taking the Udemy courses User Experience Design Fundamentals and UX and Web Design Master Course: Strategy, Design, Developement. Both are with Joe Natoli.

I am interested in the entire process. Seeing that there is more than just “painting a pretty picture” is intriguing to me. I always like to be more involved in projects.