Is there any software similar to Zeplin, Avocode and Mockplus iDoc?

design
usability

Hi! Do you guys know some softwares similar to Zeplin, Avocode and Mockplus iDoc for Windows? Which one works best for you, and why?

I have used both with my project, and they all have their shortcomings.

Zeplin and Mockplus iDoc are usually used for collaboration between team members and customers. But you cannot create designs or prototypes with Avocode. However iDoc greatly facilitates the handoff by taking designs from Photoshop, Sketch, Adobe XD and exporting them into a format that can easily generate code snippets, style guides, specs, and assets.

All in all, I’d suggest you to use both tools and compare the flexibility their provide when it comes to handling and inspecting design files.

I’ve never used Zeplin for customers. I believe it’s primarily for developer hand-off, and that’s how I use it. An iOS developer from Education First turned me on to it, and I haven’t had a reason to experiment with anything else.

Everything I’ve seen in China for media development is unstructured and rather haphazard. All the dev agencies my new job uses still work from and expect PS files. So far, I’ve convinced and/or pushed every dev team I’ve worked with to try Zeplin (instead of making me recreate in PS), and after they check it out, they’re happy to use it.

I think Zeplin is a great product. Especially now that they do auto-sizing for various media platforms. I don’t miss getting texts about “No, no, I need 3x!”, anymore.

I know of Avocode but have had no incentive to try it. Mockplus is new to me. Is there a reason you’re looking for something other than these 3?

Hi, thanks for your reply.

Yes, I have used all of them, Zeplin and Mockplus iDoc seem better than Avocode. But I am looking for another one. I wanna try some new tools similar to these 3. Haha.

Ah, ok. I’m actually conducting a prototyping software offering review for my employer at the moment. It’s becoming more common that the design/prototype programs are offering some kind of native hand-off function.

My boss wants to switch from Sketch to Framer X, and that would likely be the end of me using Zeplin. I hope we don’t because Framer X doesn’t seem to have any hand-off capabilities except React code.

Anyways. I’m curious if you find anything better. Please post if you do.

Hi ref_design,

Everyone has different opinion about it, but you can recommend some excellent software to me and we can discuss then. May I have your email address. I wanna talk about more with you. Thanks.

Is Invision something you would be interested in? You can create simple protoypes, it has a inspection tool for devs. We find it pretty handy. I like it better than Zeplin to be honest.

You can also talk privately here via DM if preferred.

Okay, thank you.