Interview home assessment - site review

I haven’t been a UX designer yet though, so that’s my dilemma :rofl: I’ve only just completed a 3 month UX certificate and I’m now seeking employment - period.

I don’t have the experience nor the resources to be choosy at this point, but I can appreciate your logic.

It was definitely an interesting learning experience as my first home assessment. I’m still unsure what the intended discussion pack was actually meant to consist of :see_no_evil: So created a 28 page doc consisting of a user test plan, recruitment surveys, tasks to test, test objectives, questionnaires and surveys, comms, timelines, schedule, Usability review template, accessibility checklist, etc

1 Like

Out of curiosity, how much time did you spend on this assignment?

Most people plan on giving years of their life to their employer. You should always be choosy.

I’ll be sure to keep you all in the loop… however, I didn’t feel optimistic at the end.
I Was informed I should have feedback within a week…

I have since received the following email …this afternoon:

"Thanks for this Bryce,

Appreciate the extra content and effort"

That’s it? I’d folllow up and say that the email looks like it got truncated.

3 Likes

Honestly, I’d be surprised if he got any more feedback than that.

1 Like

Yeah. :frowning:

1 Like

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

They should have just written “Thanks for the free consultation Bryce, we will pass your findings onto our intern team to implement”
I hope I’m wrong though.

3 Likes

2 weeks ago now, no feedback.

Note to the group: if you’re not asked to come in face to face, run a mile.

2 Likes

or if you suspect its a con, write a goddam awful site review with mental advice

par l’example ici:

“it is good UX practice to put three confirmation buttons of varying colour next to each other to let the user choose the most reassuring button for them”

4 Likes

So what happened here? I’m interested in hearing the rest of the story!

2 Likes

Hi everyone,:man_technologist:t2:

I hope you are all doing well!? :slight_smile:

@lordmolesbury - "it is good UX practice to put three confirmation buttons of varying colour next to each other to let the user choose the most reassuring button for them”, but, is that not good UX??? Ooops… :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Sorry for the absence. So rude of me to not complete the first chapter of Bryce’s User Experience Interviews, Trials, and Tribulations!

4 Likes

So @dougcollins was correct, a week and half went by with not a peep from them, so I emailed… and asked for my deserved update. By then I knew that the response would be…

" Dear Bryce,

Thank you so much for taking the time to chat to us. We appreciate the time you spent to meet with us - and your effort with the Practical Assessment during our recruitment process.

Unfortunately, we will not be pursuing your candidacy for the available positions. We loved your attitude and drive but the selection process was highly competitive and we have decided to move forward with a candidates whose skills and experience are more in line with what we require for our business at the minute.

We thank you for your interest in Immersion UX, and wish you all the best in your future endeavours.

Kind regards,

Lydia Erasmus Strydom

_ _

HR Operations"

3 Likes

That stinks, expected or not. I’m sympathy-sorry that happened to you.

2 Likes

Thanks! It’s ok. It was a good experience in many ways and my first official formal heuristic evaluation, UX presentation, and discussion pack :rofl:

3 Likes

That really stinks. I’m sorry you had to go through this process. Would you be willing to name the company?

1 Like

http://immersionux.co.za/

i think

2 Likes

Yup!

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Home assignment - Don’t intend for anyone to provide actual answers to the questions

I love that you loved the experience :slight_smile: