Information that will change our lives. ;)

It totally will! We’re all about the UX. :wink:
Glad you’ve joined us James.[quote=“jamespayne, post:270, topic:669”]
Another challenge is how to sell myself, I’m inexperienced compared to a lot of people in London and so how can I add value to a company, favourably a UX Design agency.
[/quote]

You need this! Louise is a fantastic careers transition coach.

Hi Guys, Senior UI UX design architect, worked at Intuit, HP, Toshiba, Dell, and currently at Teradata.
Currently in San Diego, and UX is my true passion.
Started this journey by getting my Computer Science degree, 5 years in Graphic Design Press house, 4 Years of HCI degree, was fortunate to work with Major companies, studied lean Ux, and Agile Lean, which lead to writting a small 5 min ebook about Lean ux which is currently on Amazon.com
and now teaching my self Angular Material.
My portfolio is www.oneovation.com

2 Likes

Hey Art,
Welcome. :slight_smile: People with your experience are super valuable here. Looking forward to learning from you.

Hello, my name is John

Where in the world are you? Northern Virginia

What stage of your career are you at? Somewhat of an Intermediate in UX. I’ve been a Graphic Designer for over 10 years and now I want to transition into a career as a UX Designer.

What are your current challenges? Revamping my portfolio to reflect a UX Designer and acquiring experience.

What aspect/s of UX are passionate about? Learning about a user, what makes them tick, their motivations and problems and how I can provide the best solution to make their lives easier.

Cats or dogs? I enjoy both.

2 Likes

Cool! You’ll find many people in the same boat here. Welcome. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey,
really glad to join this great minds, this user friendly community :slight_smile:
This is my first shot, I’ll start by my answers:

• Saudi Arabia, just 8 months ago.
  • Senior UX/UI Designer
  • Challenging the new work envirounment, I used to work online for the past 4 years before I come to Riyadh (8 months ago); working in the office for a fulltime job, feeling a junior in this agian!
  • User feedbak’s effect on design evolution; even after analysis, design and testing, users’ fedback is a great input you can use to define the 80/20 features and how you should change your CTA (call to action) attitude and more.
  • I’ll go with both, cats & dogs.
1 Like

Where in the world are you?
What stage of your career are you at?
What are you current challenges?
What aspect/s of UX are passionate about?
Cats or dogs?

Hi!
I am in Bogotá Colombia
I’m Lead UX / UI in a digital agency
Integrate UX processes into the work of the agency
The user integration to the projects and the UX strategy
Cats!

2 Likes

I just joined a few weeks ago and haven’t got the time to look though this amazing community!!

1. I’m Yi CHEN (Vicky), and easily u can guess, I’m a Chinese, but currently study at Sydney
  2. Quite early stage. I just transferred my major to interaction design & try to equip myself a little bit piece of academic knowledge about UX. I’ve pretty interested in this area, and eager to absorb as much knowledge as I can whether in filed or in books; :slight_smile: anyone can give advice to find an UX intern with little experience, I would be much appreciated. Before jumping to this area, I was a business student & communication major as well, I learned some front-end language e.g. CSS, JAVASCRIPT … as well as some software technical skills & online courses. I found UX is so much fun to finally achieve my real-dream as a designer!
  3. Currently, like I stated before, the Intern just to get more field knowledge. 1. UX knowledge structure, many UX knowledges consists of psychologies, analytics … I was overwhelming by all aspects of abilities that UX designers need to learn and I want to do my best. 2. where I can find opportunities to do some UX-related projects?
    4.My passionate of UX is thinking of humans and it would be the big tendency of the world after many years. UX can be extended more as the Artificial Intelligence/VR all develops, we are surrounded by the interaction with machines, we are at the center of technology and future!!! Also, UX is a combination of all-years learning of my life, so much fun to dig out user’s undefined issues.
  4. Definitely dogs. But my girlfriend says, dog for me, cat for her.
1 Like

Hey Vicky, great to hear from you.

Have you thought about approaching a school/museum/not-for-profit and offering to do some work for free. That way you get the experience (and the portfolio piece) without the added time pressure of a paid job.

Hi ux_dude,

Welcome, your coding background is a real asset. There are some great resources on UXMastery to help develop all the other skills.

Paddy

1 Like

Hi all!

I’m so excited about this community! My name is Kiell.

-I’m located in Minneapolis, Minnesota (US).
-I’m in the early stages of my UX career; I’m in a career change and I am about halfway through an 18 week bootcamp-style UX program, which I love so far.
-My current challenges? I’ll be looking for a job pretty soon in the field, and I think that finding a company willing to take on a fledgling UXer will be my challenge. I have a lot of experience in other fields though, and I’m pretty adaptable and curious. Most recently I did direct client service in the nonprofit sector and prior to that I was processing waste in Antarctica.
-I’m drawn to the research and writing side of things right now and working with users, especially things like contextual inquiry, usability testing, and evaluative methods. I like the act of synthesis and trying to make sense of the information!
-Cats or dogs? I like dogs but somehow always end up with cats!

Nice to (e)meet you all!
Kiell

1 Like

Hi Kiell,

It’s great to meet you. I’ll bet you’ve got some interesting UX perspective from your stint in Antarctica, not to mention your job duties there!

Peace!

Phoenix, Arizona
Just beginning looking at show
None
Designing usability platforms
Both

2 Likes

I’m new here and hello!
Live in New Jersey, USA. I’m at an early stage of UX, I think. I’ve been working as a graphic/ web designer, before deciding to transition into UX last year. I find it challenging to finish my portfolio and securing a job, in terms of practicing and growing in UX. I’m especially passionate about the idea of designing for people, to make their tasks less daunting when faced with a product.
Both fluffy and small.

Ha. Love it.

Welcome Ann. :slight_smile:

1. I am currently living in Barcelona, Spain (I recommend you to visit the city, is awesome!).
  2. I am just starting. I have been working as Front-End Developer for 3 years and now I am starting to focus on UX. I have been dealing all the time with UX problems at work (I work in a small IoT startup based here in Barcelona -> thethings.iO ) so I started to be interested in this field.
  3. Now my main challenge is my blog, where I try to teach to my audience about a wide variety of topics (UX/UI, Digital Marketing, Branding, Entrepreneurship). Now I am working on getting new subscribers and generate cooler content.
  4. I am not sure yet, but I really love A/B Testing.
  5. Dogs of course!

Miquel

1 Like

Hi there!

I’m Sandra, and I’m from New Zealand but currently in Sydney studying at General Assembly to become a UX designer in their Immersive course. I’ve just completed my 4th week, and at the end of the course in 6-8 weeks I will go back to New Zealand to pursue a new career in UX.

Current challenge is learning it all and figuring out how to apply it to the real world when I leave.

What I love about UX is being able to be creative, problem solving and helping people. Making life easier for people in general.

Both Cats and Dogs! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Sandra,

Welcome!!!

@HAWK will be tickled to have another UXer close by. She’s from New Zealand also.

We have some threads around here about the different boot camps. (I’m on my pad right now, I’ll look for links later if you’d like.) Feel free to throw your two cents in on those. Or pounds. I confess I don’t know which currency y’all use down there. :expressionless:

1 Like

I am in the Great Lakes State (Michigan) of the United States.

I have been in a UX role for about 3 years with an emphasis on research and strategy for much of that time.
Current challenges are working with teams outside of UX more effectively, and getting rapid feedback during design sprints. We are working on implementing a form of dual track agile which may help with that. My focus will be outside of sprints and help designers get user feedback mid-sprint.

I am most passionate about research and strategy. I like to keep people at the center of the work we do. It is a greater challenge than I would like it to be sometimes, but a fight worth fighting.

Currently cats, but I am not opposed to a good dog.

3 Likes

I’ve only ever met 1 good dog. :stuck_out_tongue:

Welcome – great to have you here.

1 Like