Information that will change our lives!

Thanks for the info @jdebari :grinning: :grinning:

I’m currently located in Thousand Oaks, California.

I am looking to transfer into to the world of UI/UX design. I graduated with a bachelors in Media Arts and Animation.Currently, I am new to the world of UX. I work at a grocery store and am dying to get a job where I can utilize my artistic capabilities and communication skills.

My current challenges are just being new to learning about UI/UX and how to build my portfolio. I am currently taking courses on both Coursera and Udemy but wouldn’t know where to go from there. Looking to network and build lasting connections.

What I love about UX design from what I have learned is being able to understand user behavior and know what users are looking for in a product/service so that it can be enhanced.Human behavior and psychology has always interested me. I admire the improvement and innovation aspect of UX and how it challenges me to see the world in a different way. It inspires me to see the potential for what could be and not just for where it stands right now. It’s not only problem-focused but also solution-based.

I’m team cats despite being allergic to them. I was chased by a dog once and I hate barking.

Welcome to the community @CookedbyKhadijah!

Coursera and Udemy have some good courses. On Udemy are you taking the David Travis and Joe Natolie courses? Those are the best on Udemy.

On Coursera, I suggest the collection of UX courses by UC San Diego and Michigan University.

Hope that helps!

• Where in the world are you? Orlando, Florida, USA
  • What stage of your career are you at? I am a beginner.
  • What are you current challenges? I am very confused and lost as to what I should learn and do.
  • What aspect/s of UX are passionate about? The psychological aspect behind a design.
  • Cats or dogs? Why not both?
  • Where in the world are you? Philadelphia, PA for now.

• What stage of your career are you at? I finished a bootcamp earlier this year. I am now doing the job search dance and working on a few freelance projects.

• What are you current challenges? Making time to explore all the questions I have! And not knowing what I don’t know.

• What aspect/s of UX are passionate about? I’m interested in identifying the universal threads of human behavior. I love that you can apply UX concepts to literally anything. I also really like taking a bunch of information, analyzing it, and creating something new (and then iterating)

• Cats or dogs? I have a dog that acts like a cat about 50% of the time, and I think she’s perfect. So both.

Welcome to the community @Jorge_Arroyo!

I recommend checking out some Udemy courses first. David Travis and Joe Natolie both offer good beginner courses.

Welcome to the community @Alyssa!

I’d say to set a schedule and spend one hour a day exploring each question. Take notes and keep track of new questions. Personally, I use Notion for this.

Good luck!

• Where in the world are you?
    Atlanta
  • What stage of your career are you at?
    Senior Designer
  • What are you current challenges?
    Have been working primarily in print for the last 5 years, despite previous experience as Web Designer, Front-End Developer and Animator. Need to completely rehab my portfolio. Don’t have specific experience in UX/UI beyond Web Design.
  • What aspect/s of UX are passionate about?
    Love finding simple, intuitive solutions to complex issues, that are also visually beautiful. Believe strongly in equal access for people of all backgrounds.
  • Cats or dogs?
    Cats, natch.

Welcome to the forum @Kiki!

There’s a portfolio review thread that might be worth taking a look at.