Information that will change our lives!

Welcome to the forum @preferri!

Check out some courses on Udemy by Joe Natolie and David Travis to get a solid foundation.

Welcome to the forum @Sir_Simi!

There are a lot of people posting on LinkedIn offering free portfolio reviews. Might be worth checking out!

Welcome to the forum @DaveV!

Check out the courses on Udemy by David Travis and Joe Natolie for a solid foundation.

Welcome to the forum @Roxy_Tedesco!

Check out UX Coffee Hours and Out of Office Hours for some quick advice.

Welcome to the forum @sohomang!

Have you checked out dScout’s blog People Nerds? They have some great resources on doing user research remotely.

• Where in the world are you?
    Michigan

• What stage of your career are you at?
    Beginner

• What are you current challenges?
    Figuring out how to best to build a fantastic portfolio and get a job on the West Coast.

• What aspect/s of UX are passionate about?
    I have a background in Customer Experience and am extremely empathetic to the user’s needs. I often wish I could do more to make a lasting change on their experience and influence the product development.

• Cats or dogs?
    Hypoallergenic dogs all the way!

I am living in Istanbul, Turkey !

+8 years as Graphic Designer, +6 years as UI Designer, +4 years as UX Designer

Improve my skills on Storytelling of UX Design project presentation
    Finding UX Design or Product Design job in US

Problem solving, Visual Design, User Research, User Testing

• Cats or dogs?
    I am a dog person!

Welcome to the forum @NicoleB!

Volunteering is a great way to practice your skills and beef up your portfolio!

Check out catchafire.org and volunteermatch.org.

Welcome to the forum @mounirelogbani!

Seems like you have a lot of good experience. It just takes patience and practice. You’ll get there!

Where in the world are you?
Singapore

What stage of your career are you at?
Mid-Career change. Interested in UX design. Did software development for the past 12 years.

What are your current challenges?
As a software developer for a relatively small organization, products delivered did not received the love and appreciation by users. Functions are delivered yet users weren’t satisfied at all.

What aspect/s of UX are passionate about?
Problem solving while developing a novel design. Good UX design leads to good customer experience which leads to sales/$$$ which brings appreciation.

Cats or dogs?
Neutral

Welcome to the forum @Wen_Song!

Having a developer background can be very useful in UX Design! Just don’t solution before fully understanding the problem. :grinning:

Columbus, OH
    I just finished an intensive 6 month bootcamp and I am just starting my journey as a UI/UX designer
  • What are your current challenges?
    I am now finished up my portfolio site, I am also looking to contribute to the UX community in general. So I am trying to find great ways to get in touch with other UX/UI designers and communities
    I absolutely love creating digital designs on Sketch, Figma etc, from wireframing to high fidelity screens to prototyping.
  • Cats or dogs?
    More of a dog person
    New Delhi, India
    I’m a senior UX designer with 13 years of experience in field of designing
  • What are your current challenges?
    Well I’m stepping into the world of freelancing, so there is a new challenge on my way.
    Design Thinking, Simplicity.
  • Cats or dogs?
    I love dogs

Where in the world are you?
US East Coast

What stage of your career are you at?
15+ years experience in innovation but never going to retire :slight_smile:

What are your current challenges?
Finding a fully remote position that doesn’t require me to move once the pandemic is kicked.

What aspect/s of UX are you passionate about?
Hard to choose just one thing, but I love corralling people to do ideation and rapid prototyping.

Cats or dogs?
Ummm. Yes. -and dolphins, turtles, elephants, whales, bears, owls, monkeys, frogs… I’m all in, even skunks (I’m mean, come on, “Pepe Le Pew” am I wrong?)

Haii~

• Where in the world are you? Bay Area/ Sacramento, CA
  • What stage of your career are you at? Researching away to move full swing into the career
  • What are you current challenges? Finding a way to incorporate learning without shelling out $10K or more
  • What aspect/s of UX are passionate about? I’m still figuring that out. I like wireframing a lot though.
  • Cats or dogs? Cats, but also will definitely like your dog
    Dallas, TX. Born and raised in Hong Kong

Beginner hoping to land my first UX full time job

Wondering if I am qualified for working in the field and looking for the career guidance

Bringing insights into strategies!

• Cats or dogs?
    Love both! Cats more than dogs tho…so I guess cats :cat2:

Welcome to the forum @rohittota!

Feel free to post your portfolio for feedback from the community. I also recommend adplist.org. They have a list of people that will do online portfolio reviews.

Welcome to the forum @Amitbassi!

There is a side projects Slack group (not affiliated with UX Mastery) that you can join to see about projects.

Welcome to the forum @awoolsey!

There are a lot of remote work job boards. I’m sure you’ll find something soon!

Welcome to the forum @Destiny_Williams!

I’d recommend starting out on Udemy with David Travis and Joe Natolie. They have some good courses for under $50. Also check out Udacity.

Welcome to the forum @Zoe_Liu!

Check out some courses on Udemy first and see what you like before paying more.

You can see about getting a mentor at Designed.org.

1 Like