Information that will change our lives!

Welcome to the forum @Oli_I!

Welcome to the forum @Susie! I am in San Francisco, CA. :grinning:

Welcome to the forum @a_sun! I hope you got some questions answered about boot camps in the other thread.

• I’m from metro Detroit but I live in Cincinnati!
  • I have around 5 years of experience in digital marketing, <1 year in UX.
  • Current challenge is finding projects to build my portfolio, having someone more experienced to review my work and give feedback so I can grow…also finding a job.
  • I love design…but I also love sketching on whiteboards! Such raw conceptualization ~ anything can come from it!
  • I have one cat, Bootsy, but I like both.
  • Where in the world are you? UK

• What stage of your career are you at?
    New to UX, picking it up as part of my work as a library manager

• What are you current challenges? Developing the information architecture of our main website

• What aspect/s of UX are passionate about? Problem solving, working with people, strategy

• Cats or dogs? Open to both but dogs are fun!

Welcome to the forum @katieking!
Check out volunteermatch.org for virtual projects and catchafire.org for projects as well. Also emailing small companies that need work on their site or app can sometimes be fruitful.

Good luck!

Welcome to the forum @david_r_jenkins!
A good book or two is Information Architecture for the World Wide Web, 4th edition. and Blueprints for the Web by Christina Wodtke. May seem a little out dated, but the content holds true.

Good luck!

That’s great, thank you so much! Will see if I can get hold of those books. Feeling really fired up about IA :metal:

Where in the world are you?
Barcelona, Spain
What stage of your career are you at?
Very beginning in UX
What are you current challenges?
What do I do now… :woman_shrugging:
What aspect/s of UX are passionate about?
I’ve spent 16 years in Customer Care so I’m excited to take all that knowledge and learnings into a new craft.
Cats or dogs?
Dogs, my boy has his own Instagram, check him out if you love dachshunds @rolo_teckel_dachshund

Encouraging post.i am form USA and yeah i have a cat,

Welcome to the forum @Stacey!
There are bootcamps if you want guided help. You could self study which can be hard when you don’t know what you don’t know. Read through the articles here and it will give you a lay of the land.

Good luck!

Welcome @johnclarck!

Where are you in your UX journey?

thanks @jdebari I’ve just completed the Career Foundry UX course and it was amazing, but it’s pretty scary to be ‘let out into the world of UX’

I’ve been given a community redesign project and I’m super excited but hope I can do justice for them!

1. Where in the world are you?
    Accra, Ghana
  2. What stage of your career are you at?
    Am Web Developer and Graphic Designer
  3. What are your current challenges?
    The Learning Curve of becoming a great UX designer as a beginner
    What aspect/s of UX are passionate about?
    Human Behaviour and Designing a product for fulfilling user wants and needs
    Cats or dogs? Dogs