Information that will change our lives!

Sounds frustrating. Why don’t you start looking to gauge what other jobs are out there? Can’t hurt to look – you don’t have to make a commitment.

I absolutely agree. I will keep you updated about it :slight_smile:
Thanks for the welcoming!

1 Like

Hello all!!

My name is Danielle West.

• Where in the world are you?
    I am in Canada

*** What stage of your career are you at?**
Well for sure if there any step before beginner I am definitely there! I would like to do the transition from Graphic Design to UX UI Designer, so I am researching the best way to do it.

*** What are you current challenges?**
Right now I find overwhelming all the info I get from the field. There are so many info, courses, tutorial, blogs, books, programs, etc., so deciding which one is the best for me it’s kind of difficult. The good new is that I just found a certificate program in a University here in Toronto that suits me well, so I am going to enroll the fall program :slight_smile:

• What aspect/s of UX are passionate about?
    *As a designer I know for sure I’d love the UI area. I have read a lot of articles about the UX process but I haven’t get a solid grasp of it so I am just keen to learn about everything!

• Cats or dogs?
    Both. I have had both and know for sure I will again. Right now I have a crazy, dark, lovely dog named “Kitty” (I know… It’s weird) and she had three cats siblings named: Xuxa, Musha and Nikita.

Welcome Danielle. What part of Canada are you in?

Hi!

I am in Toronto… Mississauga specifically, like 30 minutes from Toronto :blush:

1 Like

Awesome! I’m going to Toronto later this year. What is the number 1 thing you suggest I do or see?

Wao, that is great!

Well if you would like to have the memorable photo showing that you are/were in Toronto you definitely have to go to Nathan Phillips Square where you can take a picture in front of the TORONTO sign! and at night is even better! There are a lot of places to go depend of your taste but here are some of them:

• Chinatown (It’s a part of the city where you can find a lot of cheap/chinese stores.
  • St Lawrence Market (An Indoor market with lots of small businesses with a huge range of products)
  • Kensington Market (A couple of vintage streets with nice small businesses)
  • Distillery District (pedestrian-only area, surrounded by 19th century buildingswith hip indie restaurants and boutiques)
  • Fashion District ( A commercial and residential district in Downtown Toronto, kind of see a glance of the local feel)
  • CN Tower

Enjoy your trip!

1 Like

I am new to the UX space and new to UX design however I am keen to learn
I am a graduate student in eLearning and have a training background
I am not sure about aspects of UX design I would enjoy however I am looking forward to exploring this
Cats.

1 Like

Hey Damien, welcome! How did you come across UX?

Hi Sarah

I am completing a grad certificate in eLearning and an assessment task is to join a eLearning community. I have been interested in UX and also have been requested by my employer to assess their websites so another student sent me
a link that lists good online learning communities. UX Mastery was on this list so I jumped in. I am looking forward to synergising UX Mastery and my eLearning studies.

Here is the link:

Best

Damien Gardiner

1 Like

Hi Everyone !
I am glad to be here UX DESIGN community , getting know you and UX field. Welcome All! :slight_smile:

• Where in the world are you?
    I am from Turkey !

• What stage of your career are you at?
    My major is Business and I am doing MBA (specialized in Marketing), so to complete my degree I must write my thesis this year. My main goal is to become UX DESIGNER.

• What are you current challenges?
    Well , when I want to combine Sigutal Marketing and UX field because I want to write about UX in my thesis. Therefore, my biggest challange is trying to understand&do UX by myself and complete my thesis at the end of the 2020.

• What aspect/s of UX are passionate about?
    UX makes human life easier, comfortable , and happy.

• Cats or dogs?
    I am a cat persson! I have a one year old cat whose name is Minnie :slight_smile: She has a ınstagram account @ipeksminnie if you want to follow her, she would be happy :heart_eyes_cat:

Welcome Ipek, Turkey is definitely on my bucket list! It looks beautiful (and the food!!).

1 Like

Hello Everyone, I’m Hiroshikesh from Assam, India. I’m currently working for Tecmeadows.

Being the content writer and the creative department guy, I’m very much interested in learning about almost everything related to art and designing.

I’m looking forward to learning more about UX designing.
And I love cats, the hulk, Radiohead and coffee.

2 Likes

I’m curious about this! What is involved in this part of your job?

And welcome! Nice to hear from you.

1 Like

I write scripts for animation or documentary videos, design the wireframe for websites or applications, suggest new ideas, etc.

2 Likes

:wave:t2: everyone, I’m RC and my pronouns are they/them. I’m located in Tio’tia:ke/Mooniyang (Montreal), QC, Canada.

Coming from a web design/dev background and a classical singing career before that, I am just wrapping up my first year in UX, as a design team of one for an early stage startup. It was quite the year, and I’m desperately seeking community and support as I grow.

Currently my biggest design challenge is getting buy in for my work and for UX work in general and I’m finding it a real challenge to get that excitement transferred to the rest of the company.

I’m passionate about product and content strategy, research (especially interviews!), and facilitation of disparate internal team members for problem solving.

Glad to be here!

1 Like

Yay! Glad you’re here RC. Welcome.

1 Like

Thank you! :sparkles:

1 Like

Hi!

1. I’m in the U.S.
  2. I’m just beginning to look into learning UX design.
  3. My current challenge is understanding how to start out in the field and what education or experience I need.
  4. I’m passionate about the idea of designing programs or new software features that could improve people’s lives
  5. Cats
1 Like

Thanks, I’ll look into those!