Information that will change our lives!

Wow, just reading this now. There is enough wealthy information that could make a book. I am loving this @fabricio_kassick.

3 Likes

Hi @ari_rahmati , very nice to hear it from you!

2 Likes

Hello there! I’m a 17 y.o. from the Philippines. Nice to meet you!

3 Likes

Wow so young! Thanks for the welcome. :grinning:

2 Likes

Here I am:
Where in the world are you?
Rome, Italy
What stage of your career are you at?
Senior professional
What are you current challenges?
Optimizing e-commerce experiences
What aspect/s of UX are passionate about?
All
Cats or dogs?
All creatures, no preferences

3 Likes

Hey Alessandro, welcome! What is the UX scene like in Rome? Is it mature?

Hey @fabricio_kassick sent you a message to your inbox - did you receive it?

1 Like
  • Where in the world are you?: India, Pune
  • What stage of your career are you at?: Principal Design and Usability Engineer
  • What are you current challenges?: Setting Up A UX Lab
  • What aspect/s of UX are passionate about?: Problem Solving and Better User Experience
  • Cats or dogs?: I have Both of them, So cute
3 Likes

Fantastic to have you here! Welcome.

1 Like
  • Where in the world are you?
    Los Angeles, California
  • What stage of your career are you at?
    Changing my career from content marketing and market research to UX design - so, I’m studying.
  • What are you current challenges?
    Deciding which courses/programs I should go through next, that will be of value yet won’t put me in further debt; most importantly, making a portfolio ASAP.
  • What aspect/s of UX are passionate about?
    Talking with/testing with users to shape a product based on their feedback, actual needs and behaviors. Getting to create something, be a part of design and innovation. Using some of my natural thinking and communication processes that are underutilized now. Being in a field that I’d be excited to one day be a leader in, should the opportunity arise.
  • Cats or dogs?
    Why is there an “or?”
1 Like

I love this!

Welcome Laura – so glad you found us.

1 Like
  • Shanghai, China
  • Mid-Career for years spent working, waffling around awkwardly between Jr and Mid-Level in actual career standing
  • Over-educated and under-experienced. I haven’t been able to find fertile ground to experience good UI/UX design and development methodology.
  • I want to make everything better and more efficient. From which order I use products in the shower in the morning to how many milliseconds it should take to expand an image on a kinetic wall.
  • Both, but currently this little guy:
Summary

5 Likes

Welcome to fertile ground!

Your puppy is adorable.

2 Likes

CAPE TOWN, SOUTH AFRICA

Changing my career path from product to ux…I’m unemployed at the moment and trying to find employment. I’m a baby UX’er, recently completed a 3-month course through GetSmarter and the University of Cape Town UCT User Experience Design Online Short Course | User Experience Design Certificate, South Africa - GetSmarter … However, I have 4 years of “e-com Product” under my belt and many of my responsibilities were UX in their essence and execution.
I have no formal design background or education, but I do have taste!:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

What are your current challenges?
Finding a job;
Creating a portfolio;
Knowledge - e.g. RE best practices for certain intended outcomes through the use of certain visual elements etc…

I’m passionate about making peoples lives better, easier, and simpler with the various (evolving) technological arsenal we have at our disposal. I’m passionate about inclusive design, because, no one should be an afterthought, or, unable to do something for themselves because they have not been equipped to do so. I’m passionate about making the complex, simpler… I’m passionate about the future of our Humanity..

Cats or dogs?
Dogs if I must choose, and just by cuddle association… I still love kitties though, and here is a fun fact my mother had 9 at one point, and I’m allergic, and yes… I lived there :smirk:!!!
[/quote]

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

SAMOYED!!!:clap:t2::+1:t2: I approve!!! You can stay :slight_smile:

Beautiful photo! Glad you’re here.

1 Like

Hello,

I´m from Prague, Czech Republic. Recently I work as a recruiter, however I´ve begun to learn UX to move away from HR. This area fascinates me and gets me closer to my original education, so I´m really excited. So as you might have guessed by now, I am a total beginner, still finding my way around, hence all of this is a challenge for me :slight_smile: I can´t say what aspects of UX are my passion just yet, but I love the idea that this is something useful, something, that can help people in their everyday life. And for the final question- I´m torn :smiley:

Hey Barbora – welcome! That’s cool, everyone starts from the beginning. Let us know how we can support you.

(And the correct answer is cats.)

1 Like

Groningen, the Netherlands

I’ve got 4 years work experience on (ux) design and front-end development (Great combination of skills I think). Currently I’m working for a company that builds job- and recruitment websites. Awesome job, I’m the only UX designer. So that’s why I seek knowledge in communities.

What are you current challenges?
That I’m the only UX designer within my current company. So I don’t have many people the learn from. I’m gaining experience by doing.

Finding the golden opportunities to help people digitally.

Cats or dogs?
Dogs … I’ve got a King Charles Spaniel at home :slight_smile:

Feel free to ask any questions!

3 Likes