Information that will change our lives!

Ha. You’ve never met my cat.

And welcome! Glad you’re here.

1 Like

I’m currently based in Madrid, Spain.

I’ve been doing design for almost ten years now. I’m at that stage where I realize a lot of what I thought was right, was actually kind of wrong and whatever I did get right was because I followed a process I can now apply methodically. I’m also getting much closer to do the work I love, which is User Research.
I think my current challenge is learning how to communicate and mesh design into the company culture.
I am passionate about developing an empathy approach towards the end-users and all aspects of user research.
Cats, clearly superior.

2 Likes
  • Where in the world are you?
    I’m from Kalamazoo, Michigan. The land where you can observe four seasons in a single day depending on the time of year! A little sarcasm but it comes pretty close!
  • What stage of your career are you at?
    I am currently a Business Analyst for a transportation company. I have done quite a bit of research about the UX field and am ready to jump in!
  • What are your current challenges?
    I’m currently working full-time with a family so I don’t have unlimited hours to devote at this point. I do have work related projects which I’d like to slowly incorporate UX processes into to start building confidence and a portfolio.
  • What aspect/s of UX are passionate about?
    Assisting end users complete important tasks in the fields that I’m passionate about. Anything to do with animals and nature to be specific!
  • Cats or dogs?
    Dogs!..depending on the day. I have two old fellas and a young cat. They all have interesting personalities and are quite different from each other =)
3 Likes

Hi Sean,

Welcome to the fold!

1 Like

Hey folks, just arrived here.

Where am I from?
The UK.

@What stage of my career?
Hopefully not the end XD
Snr. UXD, but very aware that the more I know the less I know.

Current challenges
Proving the use of UX while working for a not for profit whose sales are mostly or entirely governed by agreements with other high-level bodies, not by eCommerce or physical sales.

Aspects of UX that I’m passionate about
Problem solving, psychology and creating the future.

Cats or Dogs
Not sure as I’ve never had a dog. Just god a cat and she’s incredibly playful and non-aggressive, but she does look at me sometimes like she’s going to murder me.

1 Like

Hahahaha love it. Welcome. I’m just digesting your other post. Interesting dilemma.

Where in the world are you?
Nottinghamshire, UK
What stage of your career are you at?
Graduate with aim of becoming a UXer

What are you current challenges?
Geting a UX graduate role

What aspect/s of UX are passionate about?
Full UX process

Cats or dogs?
I like pets but ain’t got time right now, the slugs in my gardens are enough for now :slight_smile:

Brilliant use of resources!

1 Like

Oxford, UK (well, just outside)

Senior UX Designer

New position with a company introducing design thinking philosophies. Helping to instil new methodologies and approaches to an established company.

Simplification and friction removal. Creating clean, simple, easy to use products that the customer wants to use. I also love agile, iterative development

Cats or dogs?
Dogs. Specifically boxers! My daughter has a cat and it is not my best friend.

3 Likes

Hahaha.

Sounds like an interesting challenge! How is it going so far?

2 Likes

Yeah, really well. There is a lot to learn but it’s very interesting!

2 Likes

Where in the world are you? Melbourne, Australia
What stage of your career are you at? Very beginning! Just winding up my current job as a Finance Manager later this month then embarking on a 10 week UX intensive at Academy Xi in Melbourne
What are you current challenges? How broad UX Design is! Where to start first? How to create a portfolio
What aspect/s of UX are passionate about? I am fascinated with the psychology of human behavior so User Research is a passion. I love the idea of the collaboration within UX Design.
Cats or dogs? Cats. Except for Cavalier king Charles spaniel :wink:

• Seattle

• Mid level UX Designer

• Just started with a large enterprise company, so trying to synchronize their design language and update their UX processes.

• Passionate about strategy, implementation, and getting user feedback.

• Alaskan Malemutes, especially as I’m deathly allergic to cats.

Hey Carolyn. You’ll find a tonne of info around here. Let us know if you have specific questions. And welcome. :slight_smile:

Nice! Welcome on board.

1 Like

Where is the word are you?
Singapore

Just trying to learn more about UX, I’m someone that has issue sustaining interest but I hope that this will really be something that I will stick to!

What are your current challenges?
Just figuring out UX is all about. I’ve watched a couple of introduction videos in UX and dabble with Adobe XD a bit, but overall still clueless what UX is about.

What aspect/s of UX are you passionate about?
I guess the process of learning Adobe XD? Since that is all I have done.

Cats or dogs?
Cats! I was chased by my neighbour’s dog when I was a child and that scared me.

1 Like

Grrrr! I’m sorry that happened. Welcome. No one will chase you around here. :upside_down_face:

Cool! I’m visiting Singapore for the first time in a couple of weeks. Very exciting!

Welcome.

1 Like

The Nashville area. Recently moved to nearby Smyrna, and work in Franklin.

At the point when I’m wondering, what’s next? How can I grow? Been doing this for a while, seem to be excelling, according to my employers. Can’t complain at all about the pay or title, but I’m looking for ways to continuously improve, as well as connect with a larger UX community, and maybe, just maybe, share some things I’ve learned.

I do a lot of application and interaction design…far beyond the level of online-shopping-experience-type stuff. Like, complex applications in the healthcare industry. It’s REALLY hard to find sufficient design patterns, or even other UXers to consult (or commiserate) with.

I like it all. I like trying to think like the user, and creating real-world workflows that make sense to them. I like being creative with the interactions, applying old standards in new ways–or inventing them altogether when needed.

Cats or dogs?
I definitely relate more to cats, but because I have kids, “dogs” was the friendlier option. They’re basically like toddlers themselves.

1 Like

We gotcha covered. Welcome.

I’m curious about this! I have kids and chose cats for the same reason. Can you elaborate?

1 Like

Edinburgh, Scotland

Worked in digital marketing for 15 years and now considering a sideways shuffle to UX.

What are your current challenges?
Trying to figure out the seemingly unending topics of UX and what areas I’m best suited to. Guess just have to start ‘doing’ to work it out.

What aspect/s of UX are you passionate about?
Being on the side of the user. Persuading business that their needs have to align with the users more. Still figuring out why this isn’t the default position!

Cats or dogs?
Grew up with cats then we picked up a homeless big gentle Lab/Alsatian lump called Vader, who won me over to dogs. Although still despise the little yappy ones!

2 Likes