Information that will change our lives!

Oh yes, that would be great! The coffee I mean not leaving the cats.

Hi, my name is Lukas, I recently finished my MA with the major in Design, and I am pleased to introduce myself.

Where in the world are you?

I am located in Hannover Germany but entirely on the jump to somewhere else. Hannover is a great place to live, and I am born there. But it is (not yet) a place to be if you want to join some ambitious design teams.

I’m also in the ‘world’ of Design. As mentioned I recently graduated and joined this community to see people discuss UX. I want to discover different meanings and opinions about the whole topic.

What stage of your career are you at?

My last positions were that I wrote my Master Thesis at Airbus in Hamburg within the field of Innovation but with (how I would call it) a Service Design topic. Now I will find a position as UX Designer preferred at a large company (e.g., Airbus.)

What are your current challenges?

I want to discover the broader field of UX. I know a lot about UX design and research, Prototyping, and Visualization. Further, I’m keen to find out about UX Strategy and how it fits into my already achieved knowledge.

What aspect/s of UX are passionate about?

For me, the constant exploration of information architectures and design research methods like MVP is more than just a necessary discipline of a UX designer, and it is much more of my constant personal interest and enthusiasm for these topics that I want to shape as a UX designer.

Cats or dogs?

Do I have to decide? I like to watch them both.

You need to talk with @amanda_stockwell ! She did a great Ask the UXperts on strategy for us a while back.

(p.s. welcome!)

Where in the world are you? Hampshire, UK
What stage of your career are you at? UX Manager wanting to evolve to higher and broader understanding of the full integrated cycle in organisations and navigating challenges
What are you current challenges? At the moment I am in a new team that at first look are very open to integrating UX as part of the full cycle and have a good understanding of digital …
What aspect/s of UX are passionate about? User journeys, touch points and clean interactive design
Cats or dogs? Dogs…always Dogs! You can’t have cats without Dogs! Who’d chase them?

Other cats!

Where in the world are you? Norway
What stage of your career are you at? After 12 years working as graphic designer and art director, I did a career change to UX Design and I am totally hooked.
What are you current challenges? Looking for new career as UX Designer.
What aspect/s of UX are passionate about? I love the whole journey of working as UX Designer, however I enjoy most prototyping, optimising accessibility and usability by user.
Cats or dogs? Don’ t have one but I am definitely a dog person.

Ah yes, of course! :wink:

I'm in Orlando, FL

I like to think that I'm in the mid-phase of my career. I graduated about 9 years ago after a late 20s life change, so I'm a little old to be a 'junior designer'. I currently hold title of Art Director, however I'm a one person art department, so I wear the hat of production intern at times. I'm about to make the leap into seeking a larger studio and cannot wait for the opportunity to grow from being around other creatives. To any of you who are familiar with playing music, you realize that to become more talented you have to play regularly with talented people.

What are your current challenges?

Web development UX. At least the bits of trying to make it do what I need it to. I'm currently building out a portfolio after years of little to remedial amounts of coding. I'm happy to see some changes in HTML 5 from XHTML and jQuery is much more intuitive than the days of vanilla Javascript and AS3 for sure.

What aspects of UX are passionate about?

Less is more. K.I.S.S. I'm a fan of removing things from the interface and general processes of a system to make user flow better. The less steps to get to the goal, the better. I also get really excited about meaningful animations ;) If done right, you can make the user feel like they've earned something with them.

Cats or dogs?

They both irritate the shit out of me and I honestly preferred my son's diapers and bed wetting to litter boxes or doggie poop bags. But if I had to be stuck in a house with either I guess cats? At the very least they're quiet. At some point they get old and never really do anything but sleep.

Hello everyone! My name is Michael, and I’m brand new to the industry. I’m very excited to get started in the career of UX/UI design, and to connect with fellow designers in the industry! Looking to be a part of something amazing, and with the help from the community, I know it will be an awesome journey.

1. I’m currently residing in New York. Looking into moving back to Florida
  2. I’m transitioning from Healthcare as a Pharmacy Technician to become a UX/UI designer
  3. Current challenges include starting a new career while providing for my family at the same time. Challenging, but not impossible. Wanting to better myself for my family. What better way to better myself than in an industry I admire!
  4. Incorporating design to help people improve their lives. Finding ways to make a website/app more user-friendly, and working alongside a team to make it all happen.
  5. Would love to have both a dog and a cat. Mainly a dog lover.

Welcome, @mike_martinez1990x! We are here to help along the journey!

Ha. You’ve never met my cat.

And welcome! Glad you’re here.

Thank you so much! Looking forward to learning a lot with your help!

I’m currently based in Madrid, Spain.

I’ve been doing design for almost ten years now. I’m at that stage where I realize a lot of what I thought was right, was actually kind of wrong and whatever I did get right was because I followed a process I can now apply methodically. I’m also getting much closer to do the work I love, which is User Research.
I think my current challenge is learning how to communicate and mesh design into the company culture.
I am passionate about developing an empathy approach towards the end-users and all aspects of user research.
Cats, clearly superior.

• Where in the world are you?
    I’m from Kalamazoo, Michigan. The land where you can observe four seasons in a single day depending on the time of year! A little sarcasm but it comes pretty close!
  • What stage of your career are you at?
    I am currently a Business Analyst for a transportation company. I have done quite a bit of research about the UX field and am ready to jump in!
  • What are your current challenges?
    I’m currently working full-time with a family so I don’t have unlimited hours to devote at this point. I do have work related projects which I’d like to slowly incorporate UX processes into to start building confidence and a portfolio.
  • What aspect/s of UX are passionate about?
    Assisting end users complete important tasks in the fields that I’m passionate about. Anything to do with animals and nature to be specific!
  • Cats or dogs?
    Dogs!..depending on the day. I have two old fellas and a young cat. They all have interesting personalities and are quite different from each other =)

Hi Sean,

Welcome to the fold!

Hey folks, just arrived here.

Where am I from?
The UK.

@What stage of my career?
Hopefully not the end XD
Snr. UXD, but very aware that the more I know the less I know.

Current challenges
Proving the use of UX while working for a not for profit whose sales are mostly or entirely governed by agreements with other high-level bodies, not by eCommerce or physical sales.

Aspects of UX that I’m passionate about
Problem solving, psychology and creating the future.

Cats or Dogs
Not sure as I’ve never had a dog. Just god a cat and she’s incredibly playful and non-aggressive, but she does look at me sometimes like she’s going to murder me.

Hahahaha love it. Welcome. I’m just digesting your other post. Interesting dilemma.

Nottinghamshire, UK
Graduate with aim of becoming a UXer

What are you current challenges?
Geting a UX graduate role

Full UX process

Cats or dogs?
I like pets but ain’t got time right now, the slugs in my gardens are enough for now :slight_smile:

Brilliant use of resources!

Oxford, UK (well, just outside)

Senior UX Designer

What are you current challenges?
New position with a company introducing design thinking philosophies. Helping to instil new methodologies and approaches to an established company.

Simplification and friction removal. Creating clean, simple, easy to use products that the customer wants to use. I also love agile, iterative development

Cats or dogs?
Dogs. Specifically boxers! My daughter has a cat and it is not my best friend.