Information that will change our lives!

Hello and thank you

Where in the world are you?

Bratislava, Slovakia
What stage of your career are you at?
Maternity leave :slight_smile: the last 4 years i’ve being working on administrative position, and i must say i really don’t like it. So finally decided to pursue my dream and become UX designer.
What are you current challenges?
Finding out if i have enough of talent to become UX designer, creating first portfolio.
What aspect/s of UX are passionate about?
Creating. This is a great feeling - to create something useful and good looking, pulling out idea from your head and making it visible to others, being useful.
Cats or dogs?
Cats!

Hi all!

I am new around here, look forward to getting to know everyone.

Birmingham, UK.

Worked in Digital for a total of 5 years, first 3 years heavily focused on CRO and Marketing, moved in to UX for the last 2 years at a large financial organisation.

Personally: building a network within the UX space and plowing through as much reading material as possible.

Work: Developing a UX focused culture at an established business with existing processes and ways of doing things.

This is hard to narrow down. But key areas at the minute:
Analytics & Insight
User research/ Usability testing
Experimentation (MVT / AB)
And ultimately adding value.

Cats or dogs?
Cats - specifically a Ragdoll called Guss.

That’s awesome! Good on you.

Interesting challenge! Feel free to start a new discussion about it if you’d like to brainstorm some ideas.

(And welcome :slight_smile: )

Hello everyone,
I am from Japan but living in Sydney Australia
I have recently changed my career from a Web designer to UX/UI designer.

• Where in the world are you?
    New York
  • What stage of your career are you at?
    3 Years experience in Graphic design and trying to transition into the the UX field
  • What are you current challenges?
    Lack of solid UX case study and general skills to grasp the UX concept.
  • What aspect/s of UX are passionate about?
    Solving problems and creating products that are good for the business and users.
  • Cats or dogs?
    Both
    [/quote]

@info17 & @soulwonc - Welcome aboard!!

Have you tried some online courses?

3 posts were split to a new topic: Advice on applying UX skills to real business situations

Stockholm, Sweden at the moment

A few years in, started as a UI designer and progressed to UX design

Working as the only UX designer in a tech company…its a great challenge and I love it but some days its exhausting to be focusing on my work process and way of working so much of the time as opposed to actual design work.

I love solving a tricky user flow and finding a simple solution to a long discussed problem. I love asking BUT WHY several times a day to help us all focus on why we are building a feature in the first place.

Cats or dogs?
Cats! They cuddly.

Truer words were never spoken!

Hello everyone,
I have been to this community for two weeks and a starter in UX industry.

• I am a student studying in Finland. I have been living in Finland for 3 years. :slight_smile:
  • I am looking for a job, or an internship to finish my graduation. I have no experience in UX design.
  • Since I am quite new to UX, maybe 2 months. It is quite lost for me. I have to learn and read more about UX. It would be appreciated if anyone can help me where and what to start. I have studied some online courses for UX, but it is quite theoretical. I want to find projects to practice my skills and receive feedbacks, I think this community is a nice place for me.
    -I like problem solving and doing research to find best solution.
    Cats or dogs?
    -I am dog lover :slight_smile:

Would this help?