Information that will change our lives!

Hi! My name is Peter. I live in South Carolina, USA.

I’m just starting out in UX Design.
My biggest challenge right now is choosing a course of study to get my design skills up to snuff :slight_smile:
I’m passionate about the artistic, design, and psychology aspects of UX Design.
Dogs, because they actually CARE about what YOU are thinking and feeling. They make an effort to have a social connection with you. Cats just … don’t. No disrespect to cat owners though.

Looking forward to getting into UX Design!

You’ve clearly never met a Burmese cat! :wink:

Welcome anyway Peter. Glad you’re here.

Where in the world are you?
I’m from Melbourne, Australia.

What stage of your career are you at?
I had a major career switch 5 years ago from a project manager to a UX/UI designer. I love what I’m doing and there are still so much to learn every day!

What are you current challenges?
Professionally, I am trying to improve my UX capability and thinking process. Trying to understand how other UX designers do their job to get better results.

What aspect/s of UX are passionate about?
To me is all about designing something that people can relate to and use on regular basis. My idea of contributing to the community is to design a product and a process that put smile on people’s face.

Cats or dogs?
I love dogs but I don’t have a dog yet. I am still renting a place so once I’ve got my own place, I will definitely get one! Probably a rescue one.

Yay!

Welcome. :slight_smile:

Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, India
IT Professional with 8 years of experience
What are your current challenges?
To learn about UX design
Human-centered design
Cats or dogs?
Dogs

I´m newly minted as a UX/UI Designer here in Iceland.

I switched from being a long time Front-end developer / Web Manager to a role as a UX/UI Designer in order to realize my illustration/graphics tendencies and to leverage my 20+ years of creating interfaces. Currently designing the UX experience for a large corporation.

Managing the creation of an entire design guideline and interface for the runaway, breakneck speed of a software rewrite. I also need to deal with legacy styling that should, can and may remain applicable to current users.

I think it is the psychology of form, how people react and why. How to create an interface that meets the needs of everyone that view it, the holy grail.

Cats or dogs?
I don´t think I´ve ever tried cat or dog.

Welcome, @ux02! You’re the second UXer from Iceland I’ve seen come across here. I recall that the first reported the tech job market in the country was pretty slim-- has that been your experience as well? How have you been successful in finding work?

Apologies for the directness of my question. I come from an area where tech jobs seem to grow on trees, and I’m curious how professionals in more challenging markets go about finding their gigs.

I´d have to say that it is challenging but growth here seems to be steady and people are becoming aware of UX as a discipline. Yes, there are less tech jobs, that´s for certain, but companies are quick to look if you have some years under you belt.

• I am from Bangalore, India.

• Have post graduated in communication design as a field, picked UX as a subject to have a carrier in and have been working in the service industry past three years doing both UX & UI.

• I am working on a project by my self and I need to exercise few methodologies which I am perplexed in performing them viz qualitative research, ethnography. On my quest of doing this project I need elevators to guide and correct me at intervals.

• User experience psychology & ux research are my subjects I devote in learning and passionate about. Also I am very keen on doing System Design oriented subjects help the social community from the user experience point of view.

Cats or dogs?

• Dogs for sure… my Browne makes my day!

Hi fellow UX friends, nice meeting you all!!

A bit about me:

Shenzhen, China
Entry level. I worked as UX designer for 1 year; now quit job and being a UX design student at CareerFoundry.

1. Complete my course project and make a brilliant portfolio;
  2. Enter a graduate/Ph.D. program in the US and get a job there after graduation.
    Interaction design; analysis (especially with data).
    Cats or dogs?
    Dogs!!

Welcome @anandprabhu_dev @ux02 and @ssqqooppss
Glad you all found us. I never get tired of reading about the diverse locations and backgrounds of newcomers to the community. I look forward to hearing more from each of you.

Thank you, Hawk @HAWK . I’m so happy joining the community.

Cali, Colombia, South America

Finished my Interactive Media Design about 4 years ago.

Career change: I had the opportunity to work in digital marketing for the last couple of years, but now I want to re-focus my career into UX design leading, consulting and project management.

UX design, consulting, user testing, wireframing, storyboarding, visual prototyping.

Cats or dogs?
Both!

Welcome @jpibanezsierra – great to hear from you. What is the UX/design community like in Colombia? Is it thriving?

I am Akash from Vizag, India.

I am a UI/UX Designer, i am currently looking for a new job in UX Design.

My current challenges are improving traffic for my UX blog and finding job in big companies like facebook or google.

The aspects i am passionate about UX are 1) A clear call to action 2) A lasting impression 3) Usability

I like making friends around the world and like every animal.

My Blog:

Hey, I’ve accidentally looked up job postings in Latvia of all places. A bit of a move from Texas.

Howdy Akash!

Welcome to the community. It’s good to have you here. :slight_smile:

Thank you very much :slight_smile: for adding me.

Hello everyone!

Montana, US :snowflake:

Senior. I’ve been a software developer for about 18 years, mostly in web. Through out I’ve done projects in various areas of HCI/UX, more consistently starting about 9 years ago after reading Designing the Moment

Splitting time between developer/architect duties and UX lead duties at a fast growing startup.

Both the psychology behind user behavior, and UX focused analytics. Usually I’ve worked on the interaction design, information architecture, usability, and visual design of a project. I really want to increase my understanding of the why and the what around how users behave. How can I nudge them to some optimal but non-habitual behavior that will have positive outcomes.

Cats or dogs?
Both, and I have one of each. I couldn’t imagine not having either of the fuzzy critters around.

Hey Wes,
Great to hear from you – glad you’re here. It’s really valuable having people of your experience around here. What is it that we can do to make your life better in return?