Information that will change our lives!

Hola Comunidad. (Hi Community)!

Where in the world are you?.
I’m from and actually living in venezuela, well in fact is a quite challenge work, guarimbear (act of protest against the government ), eating and living in general, but besides i’m excited by the future. :slight_smile:

What stage of your career are you at?
Well actually i’m a front-end junior with less than a year of experience which i’d worked with web technologies for web and mobile apps (Angular 2, Ionic 2, Sass, Less).

What are you current challenges?
Holy fudge this question… beside the fact of live in venezuela. I would like to show people of my country a way, an alternative of success in the world of UX/UI also to improve this situation where we are living and create a culture of sharing ideas (yeah i know this could sound like a hippie-utopia, but thank to the history of humanity and internet, i realized that one reason we are here is because we’ve shared, food, scalp, gold, literature, music, ADN, love…).
That’s is why i love UI/UX, creativity can flourish.

What aspect/s of UX are passionate about?
The term of experience in UX was the hook, your first time in any situation of your life ( job, taste chocolate ice-cream, first kiss …) can define what gonna you feel about it. Give a learning / chilling /enriching experience to people is my passion.

Cats or dogs?
I love how both look life!. so you cat me!.

Hey Eulier,
I love your passion! You’re a great addition to our community. Welcome. :slight_smile:

Hello lovely people! I am happy for finding this usefull forum.

My name’s Hedviga and I am new in UX :slight_smile:

Where in the world are you?
Czech republic
Well, currently I am still working in my ‘‘normal’’ work (receptionist in hotel), but by this work I work one year also as UX designer. Had passion in this a few years ago, so I started. Without UX my life would be without any passion.
Time management. Work, UX, household and so, it is hard. Also I am big introvert and for me its a hell to work with team. Now I work with team - as I am introvert, I cannot communicate well (especially with someone I am not friend with) and I cant say properly what I want - so I look like idiot. I need to get better somehow in this.
Improving conversion rate. I like testing with customers, and that ‘‘psychology’’ side. I like all the path from idea to build quality website.
Cats or dogs?
Loving animals no matter what is it (but as I am alergic to cats, I have dogs)

Welcome Hedviga, glad you’re here. :slight_smile:

That sounds hard. It’s awesome that you’ve identified it though. Good on you.

Do you mean that you struggle to communicate because you are shy or lack confidence? Do you have the same difficulty in your reception job?

Thank you Hawk for welcoming :slight_smile:

I think it is two in one - as you said, I am shy and lack of confidence. I have the same difficulty also in my recepcion job, I think it is just part of me… But I understand for this UX profesion is not good.

For me, it’s very hard to work in team - I am not creative in front of bunch of people. When I am alone I do much better work, and my ideas can flows.

Thank you Hawk for your interest, you are nice.

Howdy folks

My name is Piper. I’m in Austin, TX.

I’m here because I’m curious about UX stuff. I’ve been poking around in the threads and I was wondering if anyone has any favorites that they think would be useful for a newbie.

My biggest challenge is working with anything besides Snagit. I’m taking a graphics design class in college and everyone else can understand Photoshop, Gimp, and the like. That’s not a UX issue, but it’s mine. :wink:

About the only question of @Hawk’s that I can really answer is about cats and dogs.

I love them both and I’ve had both but, at the moment I’m pet-less.

@hedviganosalova - Nice to meet you. Confidence isn’t my strong point either, but we’ll get there. We new folks have got to stick together. :slight_smile:

I think a lot of people struggle with this. I certainly did. It’s only been by really hard work that I’ve managed to really excel at communication to the point where my managers now list it as a strength rather than a weakness. Maybe that’s what my next blog article will be about.

Thanks for the idea, and welcome to the club!

Thank you very much @Piper_Wilson. That so good to see I am not in this alone :slight_smile:)

@dougcollins You are welcome and looking forward to your blog post! :slight_smile:

Hey, Piper…
I was definitely nervous about my lack of graphic design background when I got into UX design… but not all UX designer are graphic designers. In fact, as the role of a UX designer expands, so do the different titles that go along with it. There’s UX researcher, UX writer, UX interaction designer, and on and on. It’s a good idea to have some visual design classes, but for making wireframes, I use Sketch. I think you can download a trial for free to check it out. and there are loads of videos on line showing how to use it. Good luck and welcome!
chris

Sydney, Australia
3-4 Years Mid-Level
Good UX - people tend to want to skip the process and get the coloring pens out.
Innovation - how technology is changing the process.
Dogs

Hi there,

Thanks so much for the welcome and the advice. I’ll go check out Sketch and see if I can make heads or tails of it.

Peace

Hi there from the other side of the world! :slight_smile:

Where in the world are you?
India

Learning Stage … Keep learning with the engage of work .

Bringing Visualization in to actual

Understanding others perspective (being on others shoes)

Cats or dogs?
i find cat is cute

Don’t we all?

Welcome to the community!

Welcome! This is a good place to learn.

Hi Eulier,

Great answers, welcome to the forum.

Paddy

Non-sequitur: How I love Bellingham, lived there during high school. Sehome, Chuckanut drive, Mt. Baker…the pacific NW is magical.

I went to elementary school in Ferndale & Bellingham. One of my favorite memories is of Mt Baker shining pink in the sunset. It looked like the snow had been painted.

I’ve only visited a few times, but this is the most apt description of the PNW that I’ve ever seen.

My husband was at a team building type event the other day and he was telling me about a lady who did a talk about how she copes being an introvert when she works in a team with lots of extroverts. She said that she was honest with them at the start and she explained to the team that during meetings she will be quiet, and listen, and make notes. Go away and think about the problem and then get back to them via email later in the day. She found that this worked really well and the team are very accomodating with it.